View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #49
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I don't think there is really anywhere in Florida where there are issues with air polution like there is in California. There aren't any deep valleys where inversion layers can trap smog underneath. The state is just too flat for that to really ever be a problem. Not unless the Gulf of Mexico becomes polluted enough to affect the atmosphere, in which case we're all going to be in such deep doo-doo that worrying about our exhaust systems will be the last thing on our minds...
Unfortunately, none of that will or does matter

When the tree huggin', no nut sack politico's get it in thier heads that this is the way we need to be "lead" that's what will happen. If we want to stop it, I suggest people start NOW writing, calling ad e-mailing thier respective representatives with thier opposition. Give them facts not lip service.

Quote:
Just think about coupling this law, with the new proposed pollution law, I see that the state is thinking about adopting the California emission rules. Will
this effect those of us who have aftermarket headers and exhaust systems.
Kind of makes my head spin.
It depends on exactly what the state does?

If the state makes it retroactive, yes. There will likely be a cut off year as there was before, but you'll likely need a C4 or earlier to qualify.

Then again, the aftermarket has made inroads in Kalifornia with CARB approved performance equipment. You'll just have to make sure your headers and such meet "code."

What it will do, is give law enforcement another "tool" to misuse and abuse

I'm all for "tools" when they are used for good. Unfortunately, as we saw with the feds and thier warrantless eavesdropping and searches, abuses do happen.

Another reason for a warrantless "search" (aka: inspection)

Sorry guys, but BTDT and seen it happen. None of the guys and gals I know personally would do it, but I I've known a few over the years that have

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote