Thread: Scam!
View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, lots of scams going on. And unfortunately, the dollar value is so low that you can't get law enforcement interested in doing anything about it. Especially if there are so many false names and companies being used with the real source possibly being overseas. South Africa is a real hotbed of this sort of activity. One thing they do quite commonly is set up a scam where they want to pay for something with a cashier's check or money order that is much more than the price of the item, and have you send the balance to a third party to pay off some other debt the buyer has. Of course, the funds are all counterfeit, so when you send off your real money, you get royally shafted all the way around. I've had someone send me a counterfeit postal money order once for a camera I was selling. Luckily it didn't look right to me, so I took it directly to the postal authorities. Never heard a word about it afterwards, though.

BE suspicious of people! Most people online with merchandise sight unseen trying to stick their hand in your wallet just cannot be trusted. They will act like your very best friend up till that very instant when they finally have your money. Then *POOF*! All you have left is a bad memory that will eat at you for a LONG time.