View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2024, 05:14 PM   #55
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

So. Since Lee Trailer Sales will not respond to the two emails I sent I can only presume they don't wish to perform service on tractors that they didn't sell.

During my times working in the service department of Ford and Chevrolet dealers I found this to be the norm. Warranty repairs only pay a predetermined amount to the dealers so they much prefer to get the customer pay jobs where they can fudge on the flat rate hours as most people have no access to the labor rate guides. So they used the excuse that," You didn't buy it here so we don't want to do warranty repairs on it". They couldn't really refuse to do it but they implied that they didn't want to. And with that attitude would you really trust them to work on your car? Although I wasn't asking about any warranty repairs so I was a bit surprised. I guess they were just miffed that I inquired about a certain model that they didn't have in stock and when they told me this I bought one elsewhere instead of paying the price they quoted.

So I looked up Tym/Branson dealers close to me here in Georgia and found one in Wicksburg, Alabama. Dixie Horse and Mule Company. At 60 miles away, it's actually a bit closer to me than the Tallahassee dealer.

I sent an email Saturday evening inquiring about the possibility of getting the 50 hour service done there, even though I had made my purchase elsewhere, and I got a reply from Marcus Grimes this morning. Marcus said they would be glad to do the required service for $400 or they could sell me the filter pack for $200 if I wanted to do it myself. This sounds like a bargain to me.