View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Question How to do a Corvette show?

OK, I'm going to show my ignorance here, so please bear with me.

Now, I have attended "shows" of various types, so I'm not completely lost in the woods. But they have been different from what I would guess a Corvette show would be like. Been to lots of gun shows as a walk in, and also done a bunch of reptile shows where I was a vendor. And of course, the obligatory craft shows and antique glassware shows that my wife has an interest in.

But with my work load gradually diminishing, I am thinking I want to go to some of the various Corvette shows around the state, and quite honestly, I don't know what to expect. When you register for a show, what are you actually registering FOR? What's the difference between someone bringing their Corvette as a registrant and one who just came to visit and mingle?

If you register, are you locked at the show for the duration? And what do you actually DO there?

Do most people actually spend the night at a local motel? If so, what is the crowd like at the motel? Reason I ask this is because at many of the reptile shows we have been vendors at, the wife and I soon learned that many of the vendors staying at the motels will set up a wet bar in their rooms and have parties all night long. This is all well and good, unless you are in the room NEXT to one of these all night parties.... So we learned to stay ANYWHERE but the host hotel, whenever possible.

And are there any particular "do"s and "don't"s to be aware of at a show? I remember reading an account whereby some kid pulled the mirror off of a vette by hanging onto it to try to see inside the window. All while the doting parents looked on without a comment. So are there cases of justifiable homicide within the confines of a show?

Anyway, I guess what I am doing is soliciting advice and opinions from those members here who are well experience with the shows to give me (and perhaps others) a heads up on what to expect and plan for in an event of this nature.

So, I would appreciate some help here!

Thanks.........