The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 02-21-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
fuzzy dice

Name :
fuzzy dice has disabled reputation
Default National Corvette Challenge...

I have made the late call to try to attend this event...all vette drag racing in Richmond, Va. this weekend, Saturday the 24th to be exact...there are 150 vettes signed up so far...I beleive they are having a car show as well to benefit one of our vette guys who had a bad motorcycle wreck...

I was waiting to see how the weather looked since I will be driving up on kinda worn DR's...11 hours each way... ...oh well, we only live once...if you are going to attend look me up...btw, the brackets are $1000 to win... ...the weather looks doable, highs in the low 50's and lows in the 20 and 30's with no precipitation...

Damn, I forgot the link...
http://national.corvettechallenge.info/
Unread 02-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

Good Luck Fuzzy!
Have FUN!

Charter Member #64
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

..... been-sick (bronchitis ) for over 2 weeks, and just saw this thread:
I know you're on-the-way, but if you get to read this, GOOD-LUCK, and take pictures!!!!!
Unread 03-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
fuzzy dice

Name :
fuzzy dice has disabled reputation

Well, I made it up and back...it was quite a slug driving up on friday, racing on saturday and driving back on saturday night...whew!...I was having a good day racing but my car let me down...

I started the event off by being low qualifyer with an .010 R/T in the time shots...this got me a bye in the first round and I had an .021 light on my single...I won the second round on a red light by my opponent...I had an .023 light so I was pleased...third round I caught a blown, H/C Z06...very fast but I left first and put an.019 bulb on him and it was over...he went through the traps at 136 mph but could not overcome my holeshot...he did knock the dust off my car as he went by though...sounded like a train...lol

In the fourth round I caught another fast C5...he dialed 11.21 and I dialed 13.28...I hit the tree real hard but...OOPS!...my car did not move...it had a backfire through the throttle body...when it finally caught and moved I had a .236 R/T and I was toast...sadly the car drove fine after that and all the way home...I was pizzed for a while but that's racing and stuff happens sometimes...I just hated that I was all over the tree that day and this had to happen...I was a good boy the night before and had a salad for dinner so maybe the car got gas and picked that moment to drop a boinker...

Anyway, it was a very well attended event...right at 150 vettes showed up to race and another 50 for the car show...it was colder than a witches teat but we got through it...it was so cold the morning of the race, my car wouldn't unlock...then the alarm system went nuts, then my pen wouldn't write to fill out the tech card and so on...it was 26 degrees when we got to the track...unholy I tell ya...lol

I almost forgot...Your Way Network was there filming the event...watch it long enough and you will even get to see an interview with me and a couple of my runs...autographs are available for a small fee...I sign fuzzy dice for free...he he he...here is a link to the vid...
http://www.yourwaynetwork.com/02.26.07%20Show.htm
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

Great video. Saw you at the beginning of the 4th video.
Glad you had fun!

Charter Member #64
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy dice
...it was so cold the morning of the race, my car wouldn't unlock...then the alarm system went nuts, then my pen wouldn't write to fill out the tech card and so on...it was 26 degrees when we got to the track...unholy I tell ya...lol
When I lived near Pittsburgh, I was invited to compete at Norwalk Raceway Park's "Halloween Classic" in 1992:
trying to bracket-race, less than 20 miles from Lake Erie in late-Ocober was eye-opening (birds, shivering on top of the light-poles..... ), and I vowed never-again to try racing between Halloween and Easter 'up-North'.....

As-much-as I'd like to try competing for the title of 'National Champion', now that I am in-Florida, I can't imagine leaving here for Virginia, race-car in-tow, the week after Valentine's Day, spending 2 days traveling each-way, to run a single race:
NASCAR used to run at Richmond the week after Daytona, and finally gave-up trying to draw crowds in that climate (now they race in Fontana, Ca. that same weekend ), but I wish the Event Directors well in continuing this heavily-attended race.

USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote