The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 05-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough
Default So where do you think Dale Jr will land?

I am hoping for a Black #3 Bud car
I'm a Harvick fan but I think that Kevin's team has grown, changed, and matured enough to handle a high profile team mate and hold their own. With all of the COT and mystery caution crap in the news Nascar could not have dreamed up a better drama...
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

The #3 Goodwrench car is his for the asking and that would be a mega happening for all the Sr. fans as well as Jr. fans.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
Fastcat3

Name :
Fastcat3 has disabled reputation

Seeing Dale Jr. in a black #3 fielded by Childress is indeed a dream scenario. I believe as Jr. said, that was his goal toward the end of his driving career because the #3 truly belonged to his dad. It is a very personal matter, not just racing hype he and Childress must deal with. Is this the time??? We can only hope so and wish Dale Jr. many championships. Teresa.......you may build a contending race team, but the DALE is no longer in DEI. You lost them both..........
Fastcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 05:53 AM   #4
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

I am not sure he is ready to jump into the 3 car with a Goodwrench sponsorship. He makes way too much money from Bud to let that get away, nor do I believe that Bud will let him get away. That is a much better partnership that what he had with his step mother! He may go to Childress, but if he does, I think it will be under a different number with the Bud sponsorship going with him, maybe number 08? RCR already fields a car number 07.

But don't rule out Gibbs or Hendricks. I don't know whether Gibbs is ready to start a fourth team, but Jr. is close with Stewart and Hamlin and this could make a great team. Although I am not sure that Hendricks is a great fit for Jr. at the moment, don't count this out. Hendricks is the smartest buisness man in this sport. How could he not take a run at Jr. to add the most popular driver with one, if not the best sponsor to his stable? The issue I see with Hendricks is that Nascar has already stated that the teams will be restricted to a limited number of cars in the future. I think it will be four cars. Picking up Jr. now would complicate this situation in the next year or two as NASCAR implements this new rule. But Hendricks is the type of guy that might say I will worry about that when the time comes and this is a guy that I can't pass up. If this happens, then I would think that Mears would be the odd man out. Not a bad stable of drivers with Jr., Gordon, Johnson, and Kyle Bush.

I really think we are still about 8 to 10 years away from Dale picking up his Dad's number. I really think this will be more toward the end of his driving career. But don't be surprised if he does the same thing his Dad did. Drive for one owner, RCR as and example, and field his own Cup team under JR Motorsports.

Obviously, pure speculation on my part. But this is the marque driver in the sport, and I know he wants to stay with Chevy, but don't be surprised if a few owners like, Evernham or even Rousch approach him. That boy carries gold around with him and they all know it!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 06:08 AM   #5
vett boy

Name :

Dispite all that has been said and written a mid night deal can still come down from DEI. Unlikely but a remote possibility.
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #6
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

I just heard on the radio to expect an announcement from Childress in the next couple days.... could be an interesting weekend.
I would just like to see Jr with a good team. He could go to RCR and not drive the 3 which is what I am kind of thinking he will do. As far as the 8, I think DEI owns that so I doubt he'll be in that unless Theresa lets him have a parting gift for good press. It's sad they could not work out a deal but I am not sure she is deserving of being turned into Step- Mommy dearest like they were saying on ESPN this morning lol
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
vett boy

Name :

Dale didn't marry Theresa for her brains.I haven't got a clue what she's thinking.
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy
The #3 Goodwrench car is his for the asking and that would be a mega happening for all the Sr. fans as well as Jr. fans.
I was thinking the same thing. Before the season is over he could strike a deal with DEI. Hendricks would be the team to go with as they have been in good form this year and I think Casey Mears would be the disposable driver in that scenario. Remember a few weeks ago he drove the Kyle Busch car at the end of a race too. I would like to see him with another team and get away from all that family crap. Chevy wants him in a GM car and Budweiser wants him as their driver.
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #9
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

RCR ! RCR ! RCR ! (At least I hope) I'm a Harvick fan, but I've always liked JR, and It would be great to see RCR as a powerhouse team again like it was in the past.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Hendrick racing with new found friend and teammate Jeff Gordon lol how do ya think the Talladaga fans would react to that ? I think he will end up with RCR, unless of course DEI tanks without him, then Theresa will have no choice but to welcome Jr. back where he belongs, in control of his fathers company.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote