The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 10-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
litevette

Name :
litevette has disabled reputation
Default Dec 3rd Corvette Drag Race In Orlando

The Corvette Funmeet was such a success and so many people enjoyed racing their Corvette's that we are going to do it again. Please look at the flyer attached for information on this event.

litevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Vadian

Name :
Vadian has disabled reputation

I just may have to make it out to this one. I assume it is Corvette only?
Vadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
litevette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadian
I just may have to make it out to this one. I assume it is Corvette only?
Cool! I hope you can make it. Last time was just a starter, but about 30 Vette's showed and maybe 10 ran. We are looking to build this thing to where we have a lot more Vette owners that want to actually run. As far as it being Corvettes only, until we show SpeedWorld that we can bring in good #'s consistantly, then we are going to have to run during regular track hours. What we are planning to do is pretty much what we did last time. That's to have all of the Vette's park in the same area (near the bathrooms) where we hangout, shoot the breeze, have a BBQ and let the wifes/GF's hang out. We then try to all stage up together so that we can run Vette on Vette. Eventually we will get SpeedWorlds O.K. on our own staging lane. That way they can run the bikes, the slow cars, the fast cars and then the Vette's. Like I said, I hope you can come out because the more that show, the sooner we'll be able to do what we want. Don't keep it a secret. Let any other Vette owners you know that this is going down. Even if they've never raced, they might want to at least give it a try. Once they do it, they're hooked! (no pun intended)
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:06 AM   #4
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

..... am looking-forward to this event, as a tow to/from Lakeland on a Sunday morning will be easier than it was during Friday's rush-hour for the event in early-October.

I'm not sure there are any Corvette Shows/functions that day in the Orlando-area, so 'hopefully' we'll get a large turnout of Corvette-owners who enjoy racing their cars:
with-luck, we can do this a few times a year, and possibly make it a monthly affair with a large-enough car-count.

From 6 October:

Unread 10-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
litevette

Name :

USA-1, glad you plan on attending again. It sure was fun, wasn't it?
I also don't know if there are any other Vette shows or functions that day, but I'm thinking we'll have a good turn out. I bet some of those first timers from last time will not only return (hooked), but they're probably so excited that they'll drag (no pun intended) some other Vette buddies with them. Orlando is a great location. A semi-big city with tons of Vette owners. I'm sure that once this catches on (which shouldn't take long)we'll have one heck of a Vette gathering. I think a lot of Vette owners are getting tired of just sitting around showing off their ride. Shoot, I don't even plan on washing mine before I come. Who can tell a cars dirty as it blasts through the traps at a stagering 80 mph?
Unread 10-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #6
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by litevette
USA-1, glad you plan on attending again. It sure was fun, wasn't it?
I enjoyed it longer-than-most, as my '82 was by-far THE slowest Corvette in-attendence, running 16.08 & 16.03.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by litevette
I think a lot of Vette owners are getting tired of just sitting around showing off their ride.
Zora didn't build us these cars to sit-around listening to doo-wop, comparing wax/polishing notes.

USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #7
litevette

Name :

Oh man! Thanks for posting those pics. Wicked wheels up action there. (Heavy metal music blasting in the background).
Unread 10-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #8
Red 69

Name :
Red 69 has disabled reputation

I agree with what you said USA-1 and thanks for sharing those wheel standing Vettes. "Zora didn't build us these cars to sit-around listening to doo-wop, comparing wax/polishing notes" Driving my mid 14 second 79 down the 1320 is way more exhilarating than parked at a show. This time around there are many who don't want to miss the action again. I will be pleased to meet every new face that shows. Race or not, be there to discover another venue and meet local Corvette enthusiasts.[/COLOR.
Red 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

I'll be there.
Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
litevette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_phantom
I'll be there.
Cool! See ya then man!!!