The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 12-20-2015, 01:10 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default RHS block features review

Was just browsing through some YouTube videos and stumbled on this one about the block that I have installed in the C5Z. One thing for certain, it's a BIG step above in quality, in my opinion, over the Warhawk (World Products) that I originally got from LME.

Unread 12-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

funny thing is RHS and world products are down the street from each other. RHS use to get their heads made at world products.

EDIT: just looked up world products and bill mitchell products comes up.

http://www.theengineshop.com/

they must have sold off world products from dart machinery
Unread 12-23-2015, 01:50 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

The World Products heads that I got on the original Warhawk engine from LME were pure garbage, in my opinion. They had the bolt holes drilled incorrectly to mount the intake manifold, and I found a crack in the housing around one of the valve guides. Lord only knows what would have happened had I accepted that engine and ran with it. I have to assume that the World Products block was every bit as funky as those heads were.

When I saw the new engine the LME built me based on the RHS block, is was a HUGE improvement in just how professional it looked. It just oozed quality.

If I remember correctly, it was that Bill Mitchell guy that I traded emails with when I was detailing the problems with his product. I had had the heads sent back to have the intake manifold holes repaired, and when I took some close up pics of the "repair" job, the threads in the holes looked really crappy. He got all offended claiming that my pics just made his work "look" worse than it really was. The camera don't lie........