The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #11
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Not much of a ..

better day today!

We were coming up to a stoplight and a car ran a stop sign (from a side street) so he could get there first I guess.

Anyway, There's a grassy divider separating the traffic lanes and wouldn't ya know it...Here comes a dude on a lawnmower!!!
He sat there for a minute and I actually thought he was going to wait till traffic cleared.
Once again... wrong!!! That Son of a bh starts mowing... shooting dust and grass everywhere! .
When I got to where it was we were going, I looked at the car. I had grass all over the drivers side and it was covered with dirt!
Btw..If I had gotten to the light 1st, I would have been out of the mowers range cuz of some shrubs.
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #12
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Ray, "some people aren't content to just BE a$$hole$, they HAVE to prove it to the rest of the world on a daily basis". No gettin around it........ya just gotta sauck it up and deal with it (them) I guess. Glad that there wasn't an accident!
About the mower incident..........how does "Chiavette" work as a vanity plate for ya?
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Oh, now I see the grass story. I think you guys need to go back for some more sun and fun in the islands and forget about the real world for awhile Man, I know that grass thing would have really pissed me off!!
Unread 08-10-2007, 01:31 AM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Could have been worse. If people had bee walking their dogs in that area for them to do their business, things could have gotten REAL UGLY...
Unread 08-10-2007, 06:49 AM   #15
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe
Ray,
About the mower incident..........how does "Chiavette" work as a vanity plate for ya?
Andy
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #16
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

My pet peezes are dumba**s who have to come to a stop so close that if ya farted you'd blow out their headlights (no Ray that's not a suggestion ). I think you should have just a bit of thoughtfullness toward something as fine as a vette. Even if they have no appreciation of these cars we kinda like um.

It appears to me that a lot of the world lacks "give a ****" anymore

Ken
Unread 08-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #17
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I just finished a trip to West Virginia to see dear 'ol mom after her open heart (she's doin' fine).

At 3 lovely, and seperate, occasions I've had the "pleasure" of having Mr and Mrs Mom and Pop Redneck decide they needed to perruze over into the passing lane at 50 mph and not go any faster. Now, normally I wouldn't have given that a second thought as its' happened plenty of times to me driving other vehicles with no ill affect...most see the error and correct their lanes allowing you to pass. These 3 wonderful moments I experienced was certainly done with malice. I would see tons of cars pass these yahoo's with no problem until I had approached to pass...then they pull the last microsecond left lane switch...having me stand on the brakes to avoid hitting them let alone making me go from 75mph to damn near nothing in a blink of an eye! Then to make matters worse, I could see every driver/passenger laughing their azzes off! I'm thinking by this time:WTF!! Adding salt to the wound, they begin to slow down even more! In the passing lane of a major interstate! Again: WTF??!! It ends up with me having boiled blood and having to pass to the right.

So, folks...they are out there...the few who hates, or is jealous of, success and/or the car you drive! Simple dumb 's!!!!!
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:08 AM   #18
Carl81

Name :
Carl81 has disabled reputation

I hate looking in the rear view mirror and all you can see is a Hummer grill. (Any speed, any lane.) Makes me wish for some of those James Bond car tricks to back them off.

www.mycarframes.com
Carl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #19
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack
I just finished a trip to West Virginia to see dear 'ol mom after her open heart (she's doin' fine).

At 3 lovely, and seperate, occasions I've had the "pleasure" of having Mr and Mrs Mom and Pop Redneck decide they needed to perruze over into the passing lane at 50 mph and not go any faster. Now, normally I wouldn't have given that a second thought as its' happened plenty of times to me driving other vehicles with no ill affect...most see the error and correct their lanes allowing you to pass. These 3 wonderful moments I experienced was certainly done with malice. I would see tons of cars pass these yahoo's with no problem until I had approached to pass...then they pull the last microsecond left lane switch...having me stand on the brakes to avoid hitting them let alone making me go from 75mph to damn near nothing in a blink of an eye! Then to make matters worse, I could see every driver/passenger laughing their azzes off! I'm thinking by this time:WTF!! Adding salt to the wound, they begin to slow down even more! In the passing lane of a major interstate! Again: WTF??!! It ends up with me having boiled blood and having to pass to the right.

So, folks...they are out there...the few who hates, or is jealous of, success and/or the car you drive! Simple dumb 's!!!!!
Wow...That would have really Ticked me off !!! At least the crap that happened to me was out of shear Stupidity and not Malice!
You seemed to handle it pretty well, Good for You!!!
Unread 08-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #20
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

That's why we need James Bond Gadgets like machine guns in the headlights, thumbtacks to spill on the road, oil to slick the roads for a-holes behind us. Actually it would be way cool if the vettes could instantly become hover crafts and fly right over the red neck bastards! That'll scare the crap out of them in a heart beat.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote