The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 05-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #21
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
My dreams of a new Callaway are beginning to disintegrate before my very eyes...
Now Ted, If you buy the Callaway, then the economy will turn around because you spent money on the vette, which employed the folks at BG and Callaway, who paid taxes to Uncle Sam which paid for the War or something like like that!!!! So it's imperative you get this car so I can at least look ar it.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Ya know Rich, I'd love to see such a list in print.
Actually many years ago when we were living in Maryland. The Tampa Tribune posted just such a list. We were subscribing to the newspaper at the time because I was entertaining taking a job in the Tampa area. The list covered PAGES of the newspaper..... And I doubt it has changed substantially.
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #23
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Take a look around in the nearest Walmart. Try to find ANYTHING made in the USA any longer. Businesses, heck entire INDUSTRIES, have gone away because they couldn't compete with imported products. So when they went out of business, where did the tooling go to? And guess there the machinery to MAKE that tooling comes from as well?

And in another generation, the expertise needed to run those machines and the know how to make those products will be completely lost in this country. How many have already been forced into retirement when their jobs, company, and entire industry just went away?

Yes, maybe it could still be turned around now, but it would be a very bitter pill to have to swallow, and there would be powerful financial forces fighting it tooth and nail as well. Yes, there are Americans who would sell their country for the profits they make off of those Chinese imports. And they would not sit idly by while they watched us trying to put them out of business.
I think you missed the point bro. Or better yet, that WAS the point.

"WE" have allowed this to happen. Greed, extravagance, governmental and corporate fiscal mismanagement, all have led us to where we are. Can it be turned around? Of course it can. But we have to want it bad enough!

All this ST that walmart sells could be made right here in the USA!!! It likely was at one time

Another option, STOP allowing companies to mover thier operations overseas. Fine, you want to move to China? Great, no problem. But you're still going to pay taxes on all this chit!! Furthermore, the labor you use will be at the same or a similar rate as that used in the US. If it would be illegal here, it'll be illegal for you to do it there and ship it back here. BTW, this same tactic is used currently by law enforcement and ICE to prosecute people for crimes that would be illegal here and are not illegal or prosecuted elsewhere.

Regulation of corporate America, plain and simple.

I agree with you on the next generation. That's why it's imperative to do something NOW!

So, corporate america wants to fight? Ask me if I care what they want?

I run a business, and even if I could, I wouldn't use 3rd world labor at substandard rates. Instead, I pay my folks (and always will) a fair price for thier work. I'd rather keep Americans fed and housed than Give A S**t about the welfare of a third world country.

Not to sound insensitive, but if we're not taking care of our own, why worry about everyone else? My church does the same crap!Lets take care of the freaking world...forget the fact that you can't pay your mortgage and the church budget is in the toilet (not really, but you'd think so to hear them whine!)

A bitter pill? Sheet! The fuel prices alone, not to mention unemployment and all the other crap that's happening is a bitter pill. I'll be happy to wash this new pill down with some made in America Whisky!

Time to stop whining and take action!!

Speaking of Whine...uh, wine..........
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #24
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually many years ago when we were living in Maryland. The Tampa Tribune posted just such a list. We were subscribing to the newspaper at the time because I was entertaining taking a job in the Tampa area. The list covered PAGES of the newspaper..... And I doubt it has changed substantially.
maybe have them print it again ????
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #25
dvdcta

Name :
Default china

americans can do it & so many are layed back refuse to get off there butts & get it done
Unread 07-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #26
dvdcta

Name :
Default machines

I worked for a company in ohio as a machinist we were building steel mill machines for china & we could not afford them because the big guys were stuffing there pockets full this was back in the 70's