The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Corvette Clubs and Organizations

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvette Clubs and Organizations General topics about Florida Corvette clubs

View Poll Results: Are you NOW a member of a Florida Corvette Club?
Yes. 53 43.09%
Oops I was but my membership lapsed.... 5 4.07%
No. 65 52.85%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-01-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

In the words of Lewis Black...IIIIII Couldn't real ALLL that JJJibberishHHHH, My head was about to F**kin' EXPLODE!!!

Seriously though. I am on the roster of one club in the area and hardly ever go to meetings. Why? Because they hold the damed things all the way across the county from me!!!

It's just inconvenient When I can I go, but they're also pretty boring Minutes, treasury, blah blah blah....sounds like our old Blue Knights meeting

Anyway, I know it's necessary, but I just can't handle it.

I try to make a function when I can, but again, all thier rides start on the EAST SIDE of the county. I live NW. There's never a change in location.

Can't really do Sunday omrning rides at the moment so I'm pretty much out of the loop

Did look at I think it was Suncoast Corvettes out of St. Pete. Even though it's in another county, it's easier for me to get to and the ride is prettier (over the HFB across the water )

I just don't do meetings in general mainly because I'm workning most the time.

No reason not to join though
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
sglfladad

Name :
sglfladad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow

Seriously though. I am on the roster of one club in the area and hardly ever go to meetings. Why? Because they hold the damed things all the way across the county from me!!!

....... all thier rides start on the EAST SIDE of the county. I live NW. There's never a change in location.
Ditto ..I'm in NW Hillsborough, single parent...As much as I like to drive my Z and share the love with my sons, (my 15 yr old just got his permit yesterday...uh oh) TBV is in Brandon...45 minute one way minimum drive, means 90 minutes driving to and from..plus time spent at meeting/cruise, it's not for me right now.

I think I'll just show up at the informal car show on Saturday:
WE HAVE AN IN-FORMAL CAR SHOW EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT ...FROM ABOUT 6:00pm TO 8:00pm AT ANDREH'S INSTY-LUBE ON NORTH DALE MABRY IN TAMPA

Check the calendar for more info.
sglfladad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglfladad
Ditto ..I'm in NW Hillsborough, single parent...As much as I like to drive my Z and share the love with my sons, (my 15 yr old just got his permit yesterday...uh oh) TBV is in Brandon...45 minute one way minimum drive, means 90 minutes driving to and from..plus time spent at meeting/cruise, it's not for me right now.

I think I'll just show up at the informal car show on Saturday:
WE HAVE AN IN-FORMAL CAR SHOW EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT ...FROM ABOUT 6:00pm TO 8:00pm AT ANDREH'S INSTY-LUBE ON NORTH DALE MABRY IN TAMPA

Check the calendar for more info.
Yeah, thats about the extent of my happenings right now I try to make some shows and dinner when I can.
If I ever get the danged hood open, if you want to do a meeting or event and take both the boys, just give me a shout. I'll put one in my vette and you can take the other in yours. We can switch them off at the end so no one feels shorted

I'm right off Ehrlich and the Vets so look me up or catch me at Andrehs

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
76-94

Name :
76-94 has disabled reputation
Default The Vette Set

Yes, I just joined he The Vette Set club in Gainesville last month.

Jim
76-94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
repodude43

Name :
repodude43 has disabled reputation

Yup Emrald Coast Corvette Club
repodude43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

I was a member of NCRS for a while until I entered one of their shows. I will NEVER do that again! Perhaps these folk who ran this particular show just didn't know how to make an otherwise boring event fun? To me, and please don't crucify me for this, but for me, NCRS takes the fun out of owning a Corvette. I'm not commenting on their judging skills and I'm not squawking about how my car ranked. I received 3rd Flight. I thought it was a bore. Sorry NCRS members!

Last edited by Cor66Vette; 12-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
howard goldberg

Name :
howard goldberg has disabled reputation
Default Corvette Club of South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
I was a member of NCRS for a while until I entered one of their shows. I will NEVER do that again! Perhaps these folk who ran this particular show just didn't know how to make an otherwise boring event fun? To me, and please don't crucify me for this, but for me, NCRS takes the fun out of owning a Corvette. I'm not commenting on their judging skills and I'm not squawking about how my car ranked. I received 3rd Flight. I thought it was a bore. Sorry NCRS members!
We are a new club that has fun no bye laws. just a good time. Car shows should be fun not about the winning all the time. If you do not like how they judge your car you should become a judge. Love to have you stop at one of our meeting . We are cutting our membership off at 50 already have 35 members
howard goldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

I voted YES

SUNCOAST CORVETTE CLUB
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #9
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road

And now for "The Rest Of The Story"

What Mr. Tripleblack51 hasn't shared is that in September of '06 he was sitting at a table of Corvette owners who were attending "Corvettes In Venice". Most of the people at the table had never met, but thought the party night preceding the show was a great ice breaker.

Someone thought it would be to have an organization where you could walk into a restaurant in Montana and meet someone wearing a shirt with your logo.

About 30 minutes later, Tripleblack51 stood up, dramatically hung his head and said:

My Name Is Pedro and I Have A Problem!

In the blink of an eye, Corvettes Anonymous was formed!

We are NOT a club, but a loosely formed International Tongue In Cheek Support Association For Anyone With A Passion For Corvettes.

From that September evening, we have grown to > 430 members in 35 states, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, and Puerto Rico....... and It Is All About The Joke!

We do not have meetings, officers, or dues. Instead, we enjoy one another's company on various cruises or other informal get togethers. Here in the Tampa Bay Area, we support two primary charities: Florida Gulf Coast Chapter ~ Alzheimer's Association ~ Respite Care Services, and the RCS Food Bank of Clearwater.

We do our level best to not take ourselves seriously, but to seriously have fun sharing a common passion.

Thank You Tripleblack51 for getting this snowball rolling!

TM

MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:12 AM   #10
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default Very cool...........nice story..congradulations

Impressive for sure
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote