The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #31
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G View Post
We take our time doing these things and being our age, we need to stop working every hour or so to take a pee.
Gees, And I thought I was the only one.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #32
BESZ28

Name : brian kolkowski
BESZ28 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
Is there really that much of a difference in a 99 to a 01-04 corvette to make headers not sit flush cause of a tunnel plate and passenger air tube?

I just tried to find headers for a 04 Corvette (this is 5 years of time to work on the site), and all they showed me were fart cannon style mufflers. If a company is to lazy to update their site with parts, then Id say they're pretty lazy on the rest.

People think of corvettes as being awesome, especially the ones who make it a life dream or cant afford one. So why have an awesome car, and not an awesome exhaust? Why settle for second best? (if OBX can be classified for that) If you expose those headers to everyday elements on a car like mine that's daily driven, those EBay headers will rust and crack. They might be good for the type of vette owner who garages his 24/7 an only takes it out to car shows or the casual Sunday drive to the market .

Are you the type of owner who loves America, so you bought an American car? Type of person who wants to support the American economy? Then why buy from some Chinese company, only helping them to own us in the future.

Honestly, why would a company offer an exhaust setup that not only consist of long tube headers, but a complete x-pipe and..and catalytic converters for a mere 649$$. If a single catalytic converter cost like 500 bucks, whats that say for this complete (minus rear muffler section of course) exhaust setup?

Think my dynamax superflow long tubes with x-pipe cost 1300 combined. They went on the car with 17k miles and currently at 34k miles. The pipes still look brand new, and the none coated headers don't even have a hint of heat bluing or rust. Ive even bottomed the headers out on a couple speed bumps..still no rust where they got minor dents and scrapes.

Its all apples an oranges, but to me when it comes to putting parts on my baby, my "awesome" ride...Im not gonna short change her with cheaper parts. Theres some things in life you gotta splurge on even if it means waiting an extra month to gather the funds.
you really have no clue, in the f-body world 650 dollars is a lot for headers don't ask yourself why would a company sell headers for 650 dollars? ask yourself why does a company have the audacity to charge 1,500 dollars for headers? the answer is simple corvette owners don't know any better, i mean no disrespect as i am now a corvette owner but corvette guys put on a mesch screen and call it a mod. 500 dollars for an air intake from K&n for a corvette, when i bought an air intake from the same company for my z28 when i had it for 150.00. same mandrel built steel....same plastic same k&n filter.
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #33
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESZ28 View Post
you really have no clue, in the f-body world 650 dollars is a lot for headers don't ask yourself why would a company sell headers for 650 dollars? ask yourself why does a company have the audacity to charge 1,500 dollars for headers? the answer is simple corvette owners don't know any better, i mean no disrespect as i am now a corvette owner but corvette guys put on a mesch screen and call it a mod. 500 dollars for an air intake from K&n for a corvette, when i bought an air intake from the same company for my z28 when i had it for 150.00. same mandrel built steel....same plastic same k&n filter.
Well somewhat incorrect. I believe many Corvette owners DO know they are paying more for the Corvette they are driving when buying accessories. However, just as many just don't really care. It's the price of being in the club, I guess. Some are just willing to pay the admission fee, regardless of the reaming...