The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 01-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #41
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Glad I bought my Tiger Shark front and rear when I did. Paid $1500.00 for both. This was 9 years ago.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #42
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I actually found a place that is selling bumper fascias for the C5 that are somewhat similar to the C6 styling. But looks a little too "boxy" looking to me..

http://corvettecreationz.com/store/i...&product_id=89

This same place has a Tiger Shark style from bumper fascia, but so far they haven't responded with who the manufacturer is.

http://corvettecreationz.com/store/i...&product_id=82

I also asked them if they have any reviews from users of this product so I can see if there are any complaints about fitment issues.

Sigh.... Sure would have been a LOT easier if that front license plate panel had worked out.

Speaking of which, I STILL haven't gotten that return tag I was told I would be getting.
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #43
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

I just saw those C6 styles on a site the other day. I'd want to see one in person first if possible (or at least more photos to see it with the entire car), as I too agree the front is too boxy for the C5. Great idea, but poor execution in my opinion. If the front would have round down to the opening instead of just flat, it'd looked 100% better to me...and not look like they were just trying to straight copy the C6.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #44
Rich Z

Got the return UPS label today, and luckily I had a delivery from UPS, so I just handed off the box going to American Hydrocarbon to the driver.

Apparently they did get in the correct screen for the panel to match the mesh on my Z06, but they didn't have anything that could cut the thicker wire and had to order the thinner mesh shown in that second panel I received.

And I have been informed that I am the ONLY person who has ever complained about the screen not matching. Seriously, I'm not sure if that says something uncomplimentary about me or all the other people who have purchased this screened panel........ My impression is that the screen shown on the first panel I got is standard for what they use building those things.

So no one else EVER noticed this?
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #45
shakedown067
Sinister C4

At first it didn't bother me, but then that top right corner starts waving, "hey I'm at a weird angle." I bet in person it's MUCH more obvious. I'm very surprised more people didn't complain about it.
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #46
Rich Z

OK, I returned the license plate panel and got the refund processed. So at least they handled this aspect of it all with aplomb and professionalism.

So now when I go to Corvette shows I'm going to be looking for these screened panels to see what they look like on other people's cars. Thing is, do I REALLY want to point it out to them if the mesh is not correct? Probably won't earn me any friends doing that....

So, I'm right back where I started early in December.

Never heard anything back from Corvette Creationz about who the manufacturer is of their Tiger Shark bumper fascia, so I guess they aren't interested in selling me one. Maybe I can just fabricate some sort of funnel to direct the air coming in from the two vents on the front at either side of the front license panel towards the center of the intercooler.

Anyone know how much trouble it is to take off that front bumper fascia? And then how much trouble it is to put it back on and have it line up again?
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #47
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

Name : Timothy Halley
Curacao is on a distinguished road

Hey Rich, Antivenom is a reseller for Starcraft Distribution; the manufacture of the TigerShark Bumper, Splitter and Hood.

-----
Curacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #48
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curacao View Post
Hey Rich, Antivenom is a reseller for Starcraft Distribution; the manufacture of the TigerShark Bumper, Splitter and Hood.
That is good to know, but unless Greg has one stashed away in the shop somewhere, a "national back order" likely means that he can't get the bumper neither. But I'll drop him a line and ask.

Thanks!
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #49
shakedown067
Sinister C4

I should be seeing John at AutoXTC later this week, I can ask about his custom license plate screens if you want. Or you can get a hold of Brad at 727.577.1294 to see if they still offer them. I'll look through my photos tonight to see if I can find one he's done for a C5. I'm pretty sure he can get the mesh that matches the ZO6 mesh.
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #50
Rich Z

Sure, thanks!