The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 10-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #41
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy View Post
I heard from people who went to this event last year that when the vette's are brought in from the hotal to Cypress Garden's that the vette's are driven down a dusty road to enter the park.With the breeze and vette's at idle while they wait.Then all the time spent cleaning the cars they are covered in dirt when they enter the park.Is there a different way to get in the park or will this happen again?
Darlin, tell Rob to keep the duster close!

Ken
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #42
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation FALSE

Classy: I don't know who told you that but it is not true. The road from the hotel to the gate we have to use, is paved. It is along side of another road (also paved) and maybe whomever told you didn't like the normal amount of dust that arrises. To alleviate the problem of sitting too long, we are holding everyone at the hotel and releasing 10 at a time. The only hold up is the picture taking on this road. There is a spot just prior to entering the park that they (the park) has two Southern Belles to take a picture of you and your Vette. This is a "have to" and part of our arrangement with the park. You only have to sit for the pic, you don't have to buy it.

The only problem I can see is having to get up early enough Sunday morning to get in the line after our Saturday nite party!!!
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #43
Classy
Car Arts Auto Detailing

Name :
Classy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
Classy: I don't know who told you that but it is not true. The road from the hotel to the gate we have to use, is paved. It is along side of another road (also paved) and maybe whomever told you didn't like the normal amount of dust that arrises. To alleviate the problem of sitting too long, we are holding everyone at the hotel and releasing 10 at a time. The only hold up is the picture taking on this road. There is a spot just prior to entering the park that they (the park) has two Southern Belles to take a picture of you and your Vette. This is a "have to" and part of our arrangement with the park. You only have to sit for the pic, you don't have to buy it.

The only problem I can see is having to get up early enough Sunday morning to get in the line after our Saturday nite party!!!
that sounds great,just did,nt want clean to go off roading
Classy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #44
Kap142

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post

Hey Pres I live in the Auburndale area so I wont be staying in the Admirals Inn but I will be over for both the party and to go in on Sat morning. Do I hook up at the Inn with ya'll?
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #45
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Hey Pres I live in the Auburndale area so I wont be staying in the Admirals Inn but I will be over for both the party and to go in on Sat morning. Do I hook up at the Inn with ya'll?
I thought the party is Saturday night and THEN we all go into the Gardens on Sunday morning?
Unread 10-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #46
Kap142

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I thought the party is Saturday night and THEN we all go into the Gardens on Sunday morning?
Ooops, my bad. Rich you're correct. OK guys move my poo back by one day
Ken
Unread 10-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #47
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
..... I live in the Auburndale area so I wont be staying in the Admirals Inn but I will be over.....
.....same-here..... I'm in North Lakeland, and even-though my '82 is off the road, I will try getting to the event on Sunday.
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #48
Pres712
Pres712

Default Front Desk

Quote:

No problem. We will have a desk set up in the lobby Friday and Saturday. Just stop by and pick up your goodie bag, registration form and wrist band. The wrist band will show that you have signed in and are actually with us and not someone just wandering in off the street. That was our big problem last year of having to sign in everyone before they could enter into the ballroom. It was a real traffic jam. The wrist band should help this problem. Remember, the party is Saturday nite and the show is Sunday.
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #49
Pres712
Pres712

Default Pre-Registered only

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
.....same-here..... I'm in North Lakeland, and even-though my '82 is off the road, I will try getting to the event on Sunday.
Remember, this is a pre-registered only show. Park rules. They have guards at the gate and will be checking entrants against a list we will give them.
Unread 11-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #50
Kap142

Name :
Default OK lets get an update

Who's going?