The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 11-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
MidYear65

Name : Michael LaFevre
MidYear65 has disabled reputation
Default WTB: 67 BB Hood

I am looking for a good 67 BB Hood.

I have already purchased an Eckler's repop hood, but the quality is very poor. So I am not looking for one that came from Eckler's.
MidYear65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidYear65
I am looking for a good 67 BB Hood.

I have already purchased an Eckler's repop hood, but the quality is very poor. So I am not looking for one that came from Eckler's.
Hello Midyear65 and to CorvetteFlorida,Com . Not to be defending Ecklers but the hood you purchased could depend on the Manufacture .i have heard that certain hoods need lots of filment work on others fit like a glove. At lease that what i heard about C5's hoods.Good Luck with your hood search
Unread 11-07-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
MidYear65

Thanks for the reply.

I have a no hit '65 that I installed a high rise intake manifold. I needed the additional hood clearance and I like the looks of the '67 BB hood. My car has all the front bracing etc. in place and is not sagging.
The hood I bought from Eckler's looks like the bottom skin was bonded to the top skin before it was properly cured (still pliable, not rigid). There is about 3/8" of bondo between the bottom skin outer edges and the top skin outer edges and about that much at the center "hump". This results in the hood being 3/4" too high at the center/front and it will not open when attached. Their Customer Service was no help after three attempts. So I am a little skeptical about any products from them at this point.
Unread 11-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

If your looking for an original hood you might want to search in Hemmings. Go to www.hemmings.com There is a 66 original BB hood for sale from California, see this link,

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...te/337213.html

also from Hemmings there are a couple of vendors listed, try these,

J&D Corvette, they clain to have two warehouses full of used parts, and they claim to be a fiberglass manufacturer, 1-800-838-8353.

Another is Stoudt Auto sales, they have been in business for 35 years, you can get them at 1-800-523-8485 or www.stoudtautosales.com

Another place you can call is Corvette Parts Headquarters, they claim to have new,used and reconditioned, 1-631-243-3333.

And lastly, I don't know how much you want to spend or if you are looking for premium quality, if you own a Mid-Year you probably already know of this place, but as far as I am concerned they are the best supplier for Mid-Year parts bar none. They have everything and it's all quality stuff. I have used them many many times and have never felt cheated or shortchanged. They ain't cheap, but if you own a Mid-year you are already used to paying. They are Long Island Corvette. They show a 67 BB hood for $1192.00. Don't forget you will also need trim pieces. Hoods are listed in group 54, here is the link, they are the best.

http://www.licorvette.com/catalog24.htm

Another thing to consider is changing your air filter assembly. I have a 67 BB hood on mine and I had a clearence problem. I have an Edelbrock Torker with a Barry Grant Holley. I changed my air cleaner base to one that drops down over the carb just barely over the linkage and my clearence problems were gone. I also am able to uses an AC 212CW element that is three inches high. Just a thought.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
MidYear65

Thanks for the info, Nytro.