Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
mndwgz

Name :
mndwgz has disabled reputation
Default 2 n00bs for the price of one admission

Hi Guys and Gals. One week has passed since Wifey bought a 70,000 mile '86 vert. I knew I would have a few things to sort out on it, and so far it's been surprise after surprise. Engine, chassis, and body are +90% with 91-95 front and rear plastic... I thought it needed brakes up front, squeeking like when the pad squeeker is rubbing, saturday morning I replaced the front wheel bearings. Rears are doing the same thing... (Note to self: Jack up cars before you buy them.) The electrics have been REALLY played with, (discovered the antenna has a switch tonight) but the dash works and all the display switches too. It has a new left side window mechinism, with all the aluminum welds broken; Glued and screwed, ground, and polished, for four hours this morning rebuilding it. (sure, I was going to find a TIG welder on a sunday morning ) Wifey detailed the interior yesterday and gave it a good waxing today.

A new top is on order so that will be next weekends project. She doesn't like the faded back plastic window at all. I'll do a rear bearing a night during the week sometime.

We finally got out for a good cleanout drive today, and it passed the test to be her daily driver. She's a very happy Wifey.

It's from the Tampa area originally, the young couple who owned it live in Naples, anybody see it around in the past?

Here are the obligatory pics, snagged off of autotrader, better ones to follow.

mndwgz is offline   Reply With Quote