The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 11-04-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
MODVETTE05

Name :
MODVETTE05 has disabled reputation
Default New RK Hood is finally In!

Only took a week from CA and it came in today. Got it over to the body shop this afternoon-too bad it's Friday-but they think I may have it back after painting by either Tuesday or Wednesday the latest, which is good! Got a big show next weekend coming up and at least the hood will be finished for the show. I asked that they paint the hood to match as best as they could WITHOUT blending onto the fenders because someday I want the original hood to go back onto the car and if the fenders are blended now, it won't match the OEM hood later. This is my choice so I'm hoping for the best. Besides, when I show the car, the hood is ALWAYS in the open position anyways, so........ Why the raised hood??? NO, I'm not adding a supercharger but I will be putting a Comp Cam in soon so the power will be there and it looks FANTASTIC from the inside of the car! Wish me luck on the color match
MODVETTE05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODVETTE05
Only took a week from CA and it came in today. Got it over to the body shop this afternoon-too bad it's Friday-but they think I may have it back after painting by either Tuesday or Wednesday the latest, which is good! Got a big show next weekend coming up and at least the hood will be finished for the show. I asked that they paint the hood to match as best as they could WITHOUT blending onto the fenders because someday I want the original hood to go back onto the car and if the fenders are blended now, it won't match the OEM hood later. This is my choice so I'm hoping for the best. Besides, when I show the car, the hood is ALWAYS in the open position anyways, so........ Why the raised hood??? NO, I'm not adding a supercharger but I will be putting a Comp Cam in soon so the power will be there and it looks FANTASTIC from the inside of the car! Wish me luck on the color match
Good Luck with your color match and filiment with that hood.Post some Pics
Unread 11-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
MODVETTE05

Name :

9T8Vette, as soon as the hood is painted and installed, which should be NLT Wednesdaay this week, I'll start learning how to post photos on line both here and in the CF so I can show the mods done to my car and believe me there are a few and like you and most everyone else, I feel my car looks great.(I guess it's that old "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" concept)
Anyway, shouldn't be too much longer now...
Unread 11-06-2006, 02:48 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Looking forward to seeing the pics

Best of luck in the upcoming shows
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Congrats on the new hood and keep us posted with pics when you can.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
MODVETTE05

Name :

Mucho grasiass, guys. just talked to the body shop today and was told that is should be ready sometime on thursday now; guess just a hood gets lower priority in body shop-thats just the way things are...but hey, a day or two more, no big deal in the sceme of things, right? Si! Just gives me more time to anticipate how it will look on the car-haha
Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out how to post pics-wish me luck.
Later,

Sal
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODVETTE05
Mucho grasiass, guys. just talked to the body shop today and was told that is should be ready sometime on thursday now; guess just a hood gets lower priority in body shop-thats just the way things are...but hey, a day or two more, no big deal in the sceme of things, right? Si! Just gives me more time to anticipate how it will look on the car-haha
Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out how to post pics-wish me luck.
Later,

Sal
If you have trouble with posting pics, check out the Help & Feedback forum. There's some pretty good info there. The easiest way is probably to upload them to the members gallery. It's easier to post them in a thread that way.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote