The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 12-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 View Post
that is why the chambered exhaust systems were discontinued on the 69 Camaros. Mine is original from the factory before it was replaced with resonators.

The change at GM was due to customer complaints as a result of tickets from law enforcement and not from the any other source.

But I would have to agree Rich, would my chambered exhaust system be legal on a new car today?
Well, a legal precedent has now been set, so quite likely this issue will find itself being decided in the courtroom.

Of course, exactly what ARE the limits on the definitions of what makes "free speech" and the "freedom of expression"? This could be quite a cat that has gotten out of the bag.
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, a legal precedent has now been set, so quite likely this issue will find itself being decided in the courtroom.

Of course, exactly what ARE the limits on the definitions of what makes "free speech" and the "freedom of expression"? This could be quite a cat that has gotten out of the bag.
hmmmm? takng this to the extreme, wonder if open carry could just be "freedom of expression".
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Hameister

Name :
Hameister has disabled reputation

In some states, this issue has been determined with specific weight given to "cultural freedom of expression". Which takes it way beyond, free speech.

I'm certain that some will find my view too conservative, however, in my opinion, the courts will do everything they can to provide the most flexibility possible, to these offensively loud sound systems.

Why, simple....if a police officer, (and the courts), have to deal with some elderly person who's complaining they can't sleep, because of the loud music outside in the street, or have to deal with the person who is playing that loud music, (most often a minority), which way do you think they'll go.

I can gaurantee that if your exhaust system is "too loud", (entirely subjective police officer's opinion), you're getting a summons....period! Your love of car sounds culture doesn't count.

I won't say I'm old, but I will admit to waiting 53 years for my first Corvette!
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote