The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 04-21-2024, 08:40 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS (For Sale) 1980 Corvette $10k OBO

I’m selling this car for a friend who is simply overwhelmed with life currently. He is not a Corvette guy, but bought this car for his wife, who is no longer part of his life. So, she is gone and her Corvette needs to go as well.

The listed price is certainly negotiable. I’m posting as many pics as I can and will give my opinion on all aspects of the car based on the three weeks it has been in my possession to sell. What I’m hoping for is that this forum helps me to correctly price the car for sale on FB Market Place if none of you guys are interested. I know the market is soft on C3s of this vintage, so help me price this thing or negotiate your purchase please.

As you can see, it’s a nice looking 1980 Corvette. Here is my opinion of the good and bad regarding the car.
  • Odometer shows 16,854 (owner thinks 116,854)
  • The car starts up after a couple cranks and runs smoothly at idle.
  • The transmission shifts through the gears without issue.
  • Owner stated it has a new battery and I believe this to be the case.
  • It stops effectively, but not as it should. The pedal is hard. The owner was informed it was the proportioning valve, but this is all I know. It is leaking a little break fluid per my garage floor.
  • It appears to be very original without anyone having jacked the car around. Everything appears to be “there” as it was from the factory.
  • It does not appear to have ever been in a serious wreck and from what I can tell is original paint. You’ll see the nose got doinked in the picture, but I see no signs of it ever being in a wreck elsewhere. There is some cheesy filler visible in the front door jam area that likely could have been resolved by a pro with body spacers, but check the pics to form your opinion.
  • The underside is encouraging. The frame shows expected minimal rust without any signs of buggering and the birdcage photo seems to also be inline with a solid car. I didn’t see any damage to the fiberglass floors as you can hopefully see in the pics.
  • Exhaust is good and it sounds like a Corvette should.
  • The front end needs a rebuild. As you can see, it’s entirely original and needs to be gone through.
  • Tires appear to be newer and show plenty of life left with no unusual wear.
  • Blue Interior is in pretty good shape for a 44 year old car. All the gauges appear to work. The dash isn’t awful, but the owner has a new pad in a box that comes with the car.
  • Passenger side window needs a little help to go all the way up
  • Brake light stays on all the time
  • Has some wiz bang stereo with an amplifier that is not hooked up

So…that’s about all I know. The car is in Eustis Florida.

$10, 000 OBO

Rear wheel off

Cheesy door jam repair

Birdcage with front kick panel removed

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote