The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 06-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
meangene

Name :
meangene has disabled reputation
Default thought

Your problem is with the DEALER not warranty Co. I know of VERY few warranty companies that will sell a VSC on a Z06. Selling a customer a VSC on a car like that is like selling life insurance to someone who has cancer. Its not the fault of the company but the fault of the person who sold it.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #12
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

CNA National Warranty Corp.
I've had my C5 in the shop on three occasions, and they have only honored my warranty once.

I have a tire and wheel warranty with First Extended Service Corp of Florida.
Five weeks ago, I needed a tire repaired. On a Friday, I called the warranty co. and told them about my situation. I was told to take the car to any tire shop and get it fixed. On the following Monday I did just this and the bill came to $53.00. When I called the warranty co. this time I was told I didn't have pre-authorization so the claim was denied.
I called the Ferman Dealership were I purchased the C5 and warranties. I said I wanted to cancel the crap they sold me. I was told by the finance manager that they would check into the denials, especially the tire repair and get back with me. It has now been 4 weeks and they have not gotten back... I'm not surprised!
Unread 06-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #13
meangene

Name :
meangene has disabled reputation
Default i hear you

Frustrating indeed. CNA and First Extended are BOTH Dealer owned service contract companies. The Dealer is the one that ultimately makes the decision to fix things or not. All these companies do is administer the monies. I have been in the car biz for 20 years and have seen alot of these companies. Anytime you give a dealer the option or power to approve or turndown a claim its never good for the customer. Go to the dealer principle. Thats where the problem is,
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
Your problem is with the DEALER not warranty Co. I know of VERY few warranty companies that will sell a VSC on a Z06. Selling a customer a VSC on a car like that is like selling life insurance to someone who has cancer. Its not the fault of the company but the fault of the person who sold it.
True but they're still and insuracne compnay and as such, to do business in Florida, they need to be authorized by the State of FLorida to operate here.

If they contract clearly stated Z0^ and the VIN # was properly dictated on the paperwork, and they accepted and have continued to accept premiums from you, then they're on the hook for the repairs.

File the complaints as GM stated and get the ball rolling. BTW, you may find the DOI in Florida to be soemwhat less than helpful. A few years back I was informed by them that they "don't have much to do with auto policies???"" WTF???

File the complaints in the multiple jurisdictions and file a complaint on the dealership (if thatis part of the problem) and lets see what happens next?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
Sorry, but I disagree. The guy who sold me the contract sent me copies all along the way and they all had "Z06" plainly shown on the contract that eventually was signed and accepted by the warranty company. The guy is a personal friend of mine who also happened to have part ownership in a Chevrolet dealership up on Michigan. He was trying to help me out in finding warranty coverage for my car and to the best of his knowledge that was done when the contract was signed by both parties.

Personally I believe the warranty company was just hoping they could skate by and if I didn't have any claims, would be home free.

And as for the hypothesis that ALL Z06s are going to be run to death and therefore should be uninsurable, I seriously doubt it will hold water. I'm sure MANY MANY Z06s never see the track and are driven no differently than many people will drive their regular C5 or C6 Corvettes.
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

As with my previous Z28, I was "penalized" by the insurance industry due to demographics. To increase the premiums is one thing. To accept the premuim as stated then refuse to cover is quite the other
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #17
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

I'm know I'm late jumping in here but I once had an extended warranty with WARRANTY GOLD. Good rep, sponsor of a NASCAR team for awhile. After about a 1 1/2 years of ownership on the policy I received a letter from some class action suit layers that WG were going chapter 11 and if I wanted all or part of my money back to sign on the dotted line. Another letter saying that put up a bond of $10K and it would be split ....between any of the 20k owners of polices around the country. Meanwhile another letter from WG explaining that they would no longer except any claims from old members but as of a certain date they are back in business and would except claims from new policy holders. Never did get a dime back.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #18
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I'm know I'm late jumping in here but I once had an extended warranty with WARRANTY GOLD. Good rep, sponsor of a NASCAR team for awhile. After about a 1 1/2 years of ownership on the policy I received a letter from some class action suit layers that WG were going chapter 11 and if I wanted all or part of my money back to sign on the dotted line. Another letter saying that put up a bond of $10K and it would be split ....between any of the 20k owners of polices around the country. Meanwhile another letter from WG explaining that they would no longer except any claims from old members but as of a certain date they are back in business and would except claims from new policy holders. Never did get a dime back.
Yeah, I know that sort of crap is probably perfectly legal, but ethically they should all be tarred and feathered and run out of the country on a rail.