The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 12-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #601
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

I guess it just depends on how you want it to end.

You can remember it as a really bad experience that is over but that you finish and can drive the car.

Or you can remeber it as a complete failure with the same bad feelings as the option above with the added suck that you didn't get to drive it.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #602
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, it certainly is unique. A monument to a damned bad decision on my part.

It took me about 39 years to forget the lesson that my '66 GTO impressed upon me. Fortunately I won't live long enough to forget THIS lesson. Not that Connie would LET me forget it, anyway....
OK, give me an infraction for posting this. It's not your fault that Harwood is a thief, liar and scum. I hope he ends up in prison for what he's done to all of you.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #603
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 View Post
I guess it just depends on how you want it to end.

You can remember it as a really bad experience that is over but that you finish and can drive the car.

Or you can remeber it as a complete failure with the same bad feelings as the option above with the added suck that you didn't get to drive it.
I'm just tired of the emotional ups and downs with this thing. Shame the economy sucks or I would just put a FOR SALE sign on it and be done with it. This was supposed to be an exciting event that I could take to the shows and show off, but now it's a blight that I'll probably just hide in the garage. It's a damned embarrassment to me on so many levels...
Unread 12-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #604
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Yeah, but I remember back to when the "build" started. There was nothing out there
about Chris Harwood doing what he's done. All of that has happened since you made the
decision to modify the Z06. Seems to me that your decision was based on the info you
had at the time, and you would have DEFINITELY made another decision knowing what
you know now. Don't beat yourself up over it, cause at the time, it seemed to be a good
decision. Once the car is done, and this whole unfortunate situation is behind you,
get out and drive the wheels off of that beast and enjoy the living $*!T out of it.
Kicking it in third gear and twisting the tires GOTTA put a smile on ANYONE'S face.
(And maybe something else in one's skivvies !)
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #605
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm just tired of the emotional ups and downs with this thing. Shame the economy sucks or I would just put a FOR SALE sign on it and be done with it. This was supposed to be an exciting event that I could take to the shows and show off, but now it's a blight that I'll probably just hide in the garage. It's a damned embarrassment to me on so many levels...
Come On Rich,Snap out of it!!
I'm about to go bananas waiting to see how that Bad Girl Screams!!
I like scream'en Bad Girls!~!!

Unread 12-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #606
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
OK I can understand the emotional ups and downs. As for giving up on your dream of being able to take it to shows and show it off well that has not been taken away from you if you don't want it to be. I don't know about all the other people who have been following your roller coaster ride with your car. I for one would give anything to be able to see your car at a show and also shake the hand of of the guy that has the keys to this dream car. It would send a shiver up my back just to hear it start and idle let alone see it drive away. As for it being an embarrassment I don't think so. As I have said in this forum before I have admired your civility and patience with the situation you were in. In my book you were and still are an example to all of us on how to give others the benefit of not condemning them prematurely or bashing them in public without proper provocation. Yes there really is a Santa Claus and sometimes he delivers his goodies in an awesome blue Corvette
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #607
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
OK I can understand the emotional ups and downs. As for giving up on your dream of being able to take it to shows and show it off well that has not been taken away from you if you don't want it to be. I don't know about all the other people who have been following your roller coaster ride with your car. I for one would give anything to be able to see your car at a show and also shake the hand of of the guy that has the keys to this dream car. It would send a shiver up my back just to hear it start and idle let alone see it drive away. As for it being an embarrassment I don't think so. As I have said in this forum before I have admired your civility and patience with the situation you were in. In my book you were and still are an example to all of us on how to give others the benefit of not condemning them prematurely or bashing them in public without proper provocation. Yes there really is a Santa Claus and sometimes he delivers his goodies in an awesome blue Corvette

Unread 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #608
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Hind sight is 20/20. To bad we don't all have it. It will be all good Rich.

If I could go back a few years and do stuff differantly I would in a second, but we move on with what we have & what we can do.
Unread 12-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #609
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Hind sight is 20/20. To bad we don't all have it. It will be all good Rich.

If I could go back a few years and do stuff differantly I would in a second, but we move on with what we have & what we can do.
Man I couldn't agree more...
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #610
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Been talking to Aaron trying to get this valve cover mess straightened out. I went through and checked some video I took to see if I could get an idea of what new valve covers I really DO NOT want, in order to make sure I'm not right back in the same mess, and I found a view that I can actually see the driver's side valve covers warped towards the center around the hold down bolts. They are just too cheap and too flimsy for the job, obviously.

Still up in the air about what to do about this, but there isn't any cheap way out of it. I'm trying to strike a balance between something that looks nice, is reasonably priced, and will just do the job. Some options would mean ignition coil relocation which would add $300 to $350 to the price right off the bat, so I don't think I'm going to get out of this very lightly...
Attached Images

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports