The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 07-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation
Default Planning for the Second Sunshine Corvette Poker Run

The wheels are already turning for our second event. Sarasota Jaguar has asked to be the primary sponsor of our event. This will allow us to upgrade our Poker Run even further.

We are trying to decide when to hold it. Our first thoughts are twice a year, spring and fall, so that we can hopefully count on better weather. I know the weather was a large part of keeping our participant count down.

Right now we are kicking over the idea of having it in October and in May.

What are your ideas or thoughts?????

Thanks...Russ

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I don't think you will be able to find a period of time that is perfect for everyone. That's just the way things work out. But having it twice a year does spread out the odds a bit that someone could make at least one of them.
Unread 07-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #3
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

One of our Vettes will be permanently located in Ft. Myers starting over the Christmas holidays, and we will be permanent residents next summer. So count on us for the fall, and if the spring date works during one of our trips down, we might make that one also.

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
c5inparadise

Name :
c5inparadise is on a distinguished road

Just my .02... Twice a year during non-summer months would most likely draw larger crowds..a good thing. Also, twice a year would give us the opportunity to cater to a larger spectrum of FLA. One run could be similar to what we just had and perhaps the second run could focus on the east coast. I also would like to see more of a caravan presence. Nothin' like seeing a string of vettes rollin' down the road.
c5inparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5inparadise
Just my .02... Twice a year during non-summer months would most likely draw larger crowds..a good thing. Also, twice a year would give us the opportunity to cater to a larger spectrum of FLA. One run could be similar to what we just had and perhaps the second run could focus on the east coast. I also would like to see more of a caravan presence. Nothin' like seeing a string of vettes rollin' down the road.

Interesting note. I did not realize that people did not caravan together. I knew that we had spoken it was up to everyone to decide how they wanted to ride but I just figued that people would want to ride in packs. Guess we'll have to stress caravaning more.....thanks.

I know the weather was the large part of keeping the car total down. We have MANY prepaid registrations that were no shows due to weather and I fielded at least 25 emails and phone calls from people apologizing not making it but the weather was just more than they felt like they wanted to deal with. Can't blame them, I wouldn't take my car out in the rain. That's why Tommy and I have decided to bale out on the summer months. The odds are just too strong that we'll have rain.

Again, thank you all for attending. I've gotten nothing but positive comments from those who I have spoken with.

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I don't think you will be able to find a period of time that is perfect for everyone. That's just the way things work out. But having it twice a year does spread out the odds a bit that someone could make at least one of them.

By the way, the poker hand we had one of the girls pull for you sucked.....

Unread 07-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #7
SebringBill
Car Parking Attendant

Name :
SebringBill is on a distinguished road

When YOU all are driving 49 year old Corvettes you can bitch about the rain!

Until then, enjoy the a/c!

"Sebring"Bill Herron
2 Vettes -- 11 speeds
1957 #3143 (2nd owner - driven like I stole it!)
1997 #0993 (Jim Schefter's original ACAR)
Down the Road: 2000 #1090 (Kerbeck's least favorite Vette)
NCM Lifetime #49 ~ SACC #229 ~ NCRS #4638 ~ C5R #Y4418
SebringBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #8
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

WHAT AC???

Mine are called vent windows....

I don't even know if my wipers work.....

Unread 07-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
By the way, the poker hand we had one of the girls pull for you sucked.....
LOL! Pretty typical of my luck! I've been wanting to engage in the NCM raffles but I know even if the odds were 500 to 1 in my favor, I would STILL lose..........

Honestly, I cannot remember EVER winning anything in my entire life. Even the crackerjack boxes I used to get as a kid usually didn't have any free prizes inside of them.....
Unread 07-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #10
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
LOL! Pretty typical of my luck! I've been wanting to engage in the NCM raffles but I know even if the odds were 500 to 1 in my favor, I would STILL lose..........

Honestly, I cannot remember EVER winning anything in my entire life. Even the crackerjack boxes I used to get as a kid usually didn't have any free prizes inside of them.....

RichZ, come on down....you just won one extra Poker Run Shirt.....

There, now you've won something.....