The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 08-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
RussSTi

Name :
RussSTi has disabled reputation
Default Clutch Master Cylinder Cap?????????

I'm trying to help a friend of mine that has a 2006 Z51. The rubber in the clutch master cylinder cap as swelled and removed itself from the plastic cap. The obvious fix is to spend the $5.00 and buy a new cap. Problem is no one seems to think they exist, at least not on their own. Best thing I have found at this point is buying the whole master just for the cap. This seems a little crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direct for finding and acquiring this simple little part that is oh so essential? Thanks in advance.
RussSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussSTi View Post
I'm trying to help a friend of mine that has a 2006 Z51. The rubber in the clutch master cylinder cap as swelled and removed itself from the plastic cap. The obvious fix is to spend the $5.00 and buy a new cap. Problem is no one seems to think they exist, at least not on their own. Best thing I have found at this point is buying the whole master just for the cap. This seems a little crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direct for finding and acquiring this simple little part that is oh so essential? Thanks in advance.
Yep,Thats Right!! The cap isn't available except with a New master cylinder!!

Kinda Sucks don't it??:
Unread 08-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

I'm a little confused. The cap and the rubber are 2 different parts. Just stick it back in the cap and screw it down on the master cylinder. Unless I'm missing something in the message.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

you can try finding someone parting out a car on this or other forums on the web or just recently replace the master and still has a spare cap.

try ebay