The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 01-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default Down With State Farm

Their 47% increase for homeowners insurance got shot down so they are screwing everybody (over a million) and closing their homeowners coverage in Florida. They will still offer all other coverages.

Gov. Crist should kick their arses out of Florida completely. State Farm, shame on you. You took all of our money and now its time to high tail it out of the state.

Who's affected here?
Unread 01-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

I had State Farm from '98-'08 for home insurance. In 02 they began the 50% price increases and EVERY year my agent promised that it would be the last. I started paying less than $600 per year and the last renewal was over $2500 for LESS coverage than I had before. I still have auto insurance with them but it may be time to shop that around too.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
Their 47% increase for homeowners insurance got shot down so they are screwing everybody (over a million) and closing their homeowners coverage in Florida. They will still offer all other coverages.

Gov. Crist should kick their arses out of Florida completely. State Farm, shame on you. You took all of our money and now its time to high tail it out of the state.

Who's affected here?
I agree whole-heartedly! Either offer all of the insurance coverages, or be allowed to offer NONE. Just my 2 cents worth..........
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

There is not one person in the Insurance business from the top on down that is in anyway your friend.There one function is to get as many of your dollars for the least protection and pay out the least possible for every claim.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

I pay 3600 yearly for my three cars, each carrying a 300k $ protection plan, so in the ungodly event I cause something, I dont loose everything me or my parents worked for..and it covers every bolton done to each car.

This guy always lets me know what can be done to lower it, and with some tricks here an there hes saved me a couple hundred annually.
Unread 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, if there is only one thing you remember about insurance companies, it should be that they are the very epitome of the definition of "fair weather friend".

But they will sell you a bill of goods based on the misconception that they will be there when you NEED them. "Like a good neighor.....", "You're in good hands.....", that sort of fluff.....

But when it comes time to make good on their claims, they sing a different tune entirely.
Unread 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, if there is only one thing you remember about insurance companies, it should be that they are the very epitome of the definition of "fair weather friend".

But they will sell you a bill of goods based on the misconception that they will be there when you NEED them. "Like a good neighor.....", "You're in good hands.....", that sort of fluff.....

But when it comes time to make good on their claims, they sing a different tune entirely.
Your Insurance is only as good as your agent,Most will promise you the MOON!! Read and understand your policy when you get it,Chances are the Agent didn't give you the complete rundown,For that matter the agent really don't know how to read it anyway,he just wants to show you how much $$$ he's supposedly saving you,not how much less coverage you'll now have!!He's just there for his Cut!!
Unread 01-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
I agree whole-heartedly! Either offer all of the insurance coverages, or be allowed to offer NONE. Just my 2 cents worth..........
Andy
Word!
Unread 01-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
Andy
I would have to disagree on this point. Who is to say where a business can or can not do business? If they don't want to offer plans at the rates we want () then they simply don't offer them. It would be like saying that companies that only offer classic car insurance shouldn't be allowed to do business anymore since they won't insure my house.

Anyway, back when we were having "hurricane issues" we had State Farm. We got dropped, so my father switched the house over to Farm Bureau (I think). Once they started offering policies again, State Farm called my father up and told him that they were doing so, in an effort to get him to come back. He told the agent that since they were not there for him when he needed them, why should he give them any of his hard earned money?

A good choice, apparently.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

IMO, all who have SF policies should take all their insurance needs to other company and run SF out of the State. As Gov Crist said yesterday, we will all be better off without SF if thats the way they want to run business in Fl.