The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 06-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #11
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road
Default Yes I am sorry Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I really do appreciate the kind words about this site, but PLEASE don't put this site in the position of bumping heads with another site. They have their policies and we have ours. There really is no need to pit one site against the other based on differing policies and opinions.

I don't have any problems with members discussing other sites, just as I have no problems with members discussing the failings of THIS site. I would just prefer that it not turn to some sort of pissing duel putting us all in the unfortunate position of a "us" and "them" sort of confrontation. No good could really come of something like that for anyone.

So please keep this in mind in future posts here, and in correspondence with those associated with other sites as well.

Chris is right , I am VERY protective of him and our business I do not take crap!! We started from nothing, no loans, no grants, no rich family members-
we actually sold a bunch of our own personal stuff and lived VERY poor for awhile in order to get this businesss started that he dreamed about doing. We took risks and gave up a lot, and called crazy at the same time.
So when it comes to these two things, my hot headed temper comes out and I dont play!!!
So I apologize again!! The email I wrote was actually VERY nice compared to what I wanted to write! But I held it in!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #12
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Was this posted on the board or in his bio in the profile? Says "biography" in your post.

If it was on the main board, then one of the mods/admins should have picked up on it immediately and informed him rather than waiting for him to screw up and post a sale.
in his profile,

If I am buying from someone I check their profile...I am sure other do too.
I bet someone reported him once they saw no supporting vendor tag. They mods cannot check everyone, you know how big the board is.
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #13
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
in his profile,

If I am buying from someone I check their profile...I am sure other do too.
I bet someone reported him once they saw no supporting vendor tag. They mods cannot check everyone, you know how big the board is.
Well 2 years went by ( at least thats how long I think he was signed up) and he sold parts in that time and has never had a problem, so I guess maybe all of am sudden someone realized he was getting noticed in a good way by a lot people or something and wasnt about to let it continue with out the BIG BUCKS $$ being paid. Thats all I can think!!
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #14
Yellow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
That has been our point all along, why all of a sudden is their a problem? We havent had any problems since we signed up I wanna say 2 yrs ago.

Thank you shadow!! I am begining to think "Yellow" has a very close affiliation with the Corvette forum and somehow we are offending her!

Corvette Forum is a very big. Members report something and that is when the mods look into it. The members have the ability to police, but the mods have the final say. The mods do not get paid for what they do.

Yes I have been a member of Corvette forum since 02. I have a Lemon and Corvette Forum helped me through many issues with a Vette that went into the shop 40+ times. I was able to get a free extended warranty from GM as they saw all the problems. No “Lemon Law” as I purchased it used with (3K miles). The wealth of knowledge I gained from the Corvette Forum has been vast. I have been raising money for St. Jude all year for several years. That is the closest affiliation I have to it. I am also an events coordinator.

I have many friends on corvette and most of them are like family. They only people who stay with me are friends from the Corvette Forum. They are all over the world, Australia, Florida, Texas etc. I also am very close to all my friends in Tampa Bay Vettes.

I would not say offending, but I dislike when people complain about another forum (on any forum) and say I was banned for nothing. Your business broke the vendor rule of Corvette Forum that is written in black and white. I am sorry you disagree about the rules. But it is what it is.

I have friends here at Corvette Florida and use some of the vendors here (Greg has gone out of his way many times for me), I also use Corvette forum vendors and of course I use vendors that are not on either forum. Some of these vendors that are not on either forum are my friends, and some are just will to work with a girl and her girly car - that does not sound girly .
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #15
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Corvette Forum is a very big. Members report something and that is when the mods look into it. The members have the ability to police, but the mods have the final say. The mods do not get paid for what they do.

Yes I have been a member of Corvette forum since 02. I have a Lemon and Corvette Forum helped me through many issues with a Vette that went into the shop 40+ times. I was able to get a free extended warranty from GM as they saw all the problems. No “Lemon Law” as I purchased it used with (3K miles). The wealth of knowledge I gained from the Corvette Forum has been vast. I have been raising money for St. Jude all year for several years. That is the closest affiliation I have to it. I am also an events coordinator.

I have many friends on corvette and most of them are like family. They only people who stay with me are friends from the Corvette Forum. They are all over the world, Australia, Florida, Texas etc. I also am very close to all my friends in Tampa Bay Vettes.

I would not say offending, but I dislike when people complain about another forum (on any forum) and say I was banned for nothing. Your business broke the vendor rule of Corvette Forum that is written in black and white. I am sorry you disagree about the rules. But it is what it is.

I have friends here at Corvette Florida and use some of the vendors here (Greg has gone out of his way many times for me), I also use Corvette forum vendors and of course I use vendors that are not on either forum. Some of these vendors that are not on either forum are my friends, and some are just will to work with a girl and her girly car - that does not sound girly .
That's what I thougt

We were banned all of a sudden after doing nothing different then we have ever done before on that site. That's why I have a problem with it!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #16
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
That's what I thougt

We were banned all of a sudden after doing nothing different then we have ever done before on that site. That's why I have a problem with it!!!!!!!!
Well, I've been thinking about this quite a bit, and I have to side with Yellow, at least partially.

If someone has been doing something illegal their entire life and finally gets caught and cited, the fact that they never got caught prior is really no defense. Even not knowing about the "law" is really not a viable defense, but in some cases, it could be grounds for some leniency.

Now that being said, in my opinion, to permanently BAN a member for such an infraction is really not in anyone's best interests. Why make a permanent enemy of a potential sponsor or advertiser over what could have likely been a mistake in judgment?

I personally think our interest and hobby would be much better served if people would just make the effort to give the benefit of the doubt first, before creating hostility when it could be avoided.
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #17
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, I've been thinking about this quite a bit, and I have to side with Yellow, at least partially.

If someone has been doing something illegal their entire life and finally gets caught and cited, the fact that they never got caught prior is really no defense. Even not knowing about the "law" is really not a viable defense, but in some cases, it could be grounds for some leniency.

Now that being said, in my opinion, to permanently BAN a member for such an infraction is really not in anyone's best interests. Why make a permanent enemy of a potential sponsor or advertiser over what could have likely been a mistake in judgment?

I personally think our interest and hobby would be much better served if people would just make the effort to give the benefit of the doubt first, before creating hostility when it could be avoided.
Rich ,please dont take this in a disrespectful way-

We were banned fine , good and dandy BUT the parts we were selling were our parts they didnt belong to anyone else.
When they locked the thread over there they sent an email within minutes and stated they locked it because "you cant sell customers parts".Meanwhile we sent them an email stating this was not anyone else's parts except our own we owned them, within 5mins of that email we were banned.And also asked them how you can assume which parts we sell our our own and which aren't??
So still makes no sense to us, but that's the last I am going to talk about this issue because now we are --

Thanks for everyones input good and bad. I learned quite a bit
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #18
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Corvette Forum is a very big.
So we've heard

Quote:
Members report something and that is when the mods look into it. The members have the ability to police, but the mods have the final say. The mods do not get paid for what they do.
I thought it was the "Admins" that made the "final decision" to perma-ban someone? At least thats was what I was told when I was banned without being provided a reason. I was referred to the admins.

Quote:
Yes I have been a member of Corvette forum since 02. I have a Lemon and Corvette Forum helped me through many issues with a Vette that went into the shop 40+ times. I was able to get a free extended warranty from GM as they saw all the problems. No “Lemon Law” as I purchased it used with (3K miles). The wealth of knowledge I gained from the Corvette Forum has been vast. I have been raising money for St. Jude all year for several years. That is the closest affiliation I have to it. I am also an events coordinator

Many of us have been involved in St. Judes over the yearsIt's a great cause. I still do it, I just do it through other channels now instead of the other forum. Thanks for donating and fundrasing

Now, what does any of the above have to do with the OP's banning?

Quote:
As do most on other forums. So why would "family and friends" treat other "family & friends" so poortly?

Quote:
I dislike forum complaining as well. True, I've done my share and won't deny that but from a few weeks ago on out, I'll only voice an opinion and state facts. I could care less what another forum does!

Yet, we hear (or at least heard) pretty frequently from some about how "this" forum (and others on occasion) was improperly moderated or administrated, or how we were too small to be a viable competitor (Not that this was EVER in the plans to "compete") and how we "should" be set up and run. Some of this was posted here, some in other places and some in the form of e-mails to a select group. Some, even done anoymously through proxy servers.

Why not just accept things and forums for what they are?

And while I agree with you about "complaining", sometimes people need to vent. Without that ability, anger builds. There's no reason for that to happen

Unfortunately, when you are cut off at the knees, the ability to "vent" or to even have a two (2) way communication is negated.
This is what happens when a person or vendor is suddenly and without warning, banned, correctly or otherwise.

People tend to go where they can speak openly and voice thier concerns, complaint, vent thier anger, ad opinion, without fear of retribution.

Obviously, he can not do that if he's banned. And based on the previous track record, even if he could post, if he questioned the action(s) publically, he'd get banned or edited anyway.
As we saw here recently, even though we may not agree, we still have the ability to speak our minds on an issue even if it impacts the forum or it's membership (as long as it stays civil). Not a bad set up IMHO

So he came here where he felt "safe", to complain. No biggie. Get it out of your system and we move on.

On one site, they actually had a CF gripe thread that was for just that purpose. It stayed open a few months during the exodus, then I believe they closed it. It served it's purpose.

If in this case, my case or many others that could be brought to light, if there had been a DIALOGUE, then I wouldn't have such an issue with it. And in some cases, there has been

I've seen first hand, the "legit" repeat offenders banned over and over again on the other forum, until they're finally perma-banned.

I have no issues with that whatsoever.

And if that is/was the case here, then I'd fully agree with you, the moderator that banned him or the administrator. But without evidence of that, I can't support the way they do business. And it is a business.

If it's truly about the friendships as you mention and the ability to assist others in the Corvette family, then you'd understand. But it's not. It's about the $$$ and that's ok since it is a business and has to make $$ to survive.
But...lets call it what it truly is an stop all the touchy feeliness.

It's a BUSINESS first and foremost, to make $$ for IB by increasing it's appeal for advertisers. And the betterment of that goal necessarily (as with most if not all businesses) will always be first and foremost.

Next, it's about the members and whats best or good for them.

It's a great place to get international exposure. It's great place to meet people from other areas

Are there other places to do the same thing? You betcha. But the other forum has been around longer, tends to pop up more frequently on a search engine and tends to capture the newbies entering the Corvette world. For that reason alone, it will likely always thrive

Frankly, there are many Corvette sites out there that are internationalin flavor and are thriving just fine without all the corporate dollars. They're nowhere near the size of the other forum, but they're still viable and useful and full of information. If people would visit them and actually post on occasion, then you'd see them flourish as well.

There's truly room on the internet for everyone

Unfortunately, most people are creatures of habit.

We tend to go the same way to work and home, drink the same drinks, eat the same foods, etc etc etc. It's a study in human nature.

That said, we tend to gravitate to places where we've been before.
In this case, we tend to visit the same forums.

I personally know many that either no longer post or post infrequently, yet still go there to "keep tabs" on some of thier friends.
Like some of them have said, they just can't "break the habit."

You'll get through it and be happier in the long run

As I've said beofre, and not that it matters to anyone there, but IMHO, "FRIENDS" don't treat "FRIENDS" that way

Quote:
I am sorry you disagree about the rules. But it is what it is
I agree. Now you know how I feel about this place!

Quote:
I have friends here at Corvette Florida and use some of the vendors here (Greg has gone out of his way many times for me), I also use Corvette forum vendors and of course I use vendors that are not on either forum. Some of these vendors that are not on either forum are my friends, and some are just will to work with a girl and her girly car - that does not sound girly
Greg has certainly helped me as well. But God fobid you mention that on the other forum

I've seen cases where, although the "rules" state you can give "props" to a non-supporting vendor, the threads have been locked or deleted when such activity has occurred "quoting "non-supporting vendor" ?
Again, it doesn't matter, it's thier sandbox, but lets be fair about it, ok?

Unlike Rich, as far as taking sides in this matter, I can't, or at least I won't.

Breaking a "Law" and violating a TOS on a web site are totally different creatures. Apple and oranges in a sense.

As for TOS's, although they are as Yellow stated, in "black & white", no body's going to die if one is broken.

There needs to be a little more HUMAN INTERVENTION in these matters IMO.

If the site were set up in such as way as to automatically ban a user for a violation of a TOS, then I could understand it. But as long as a HUMAN BEING has to take the action, I feel there should be more dialouge before such extreme action is taken for such minor violations.

That said, if there was a previous dialogue that we may not be privy to here, then fine, the ban was deserved.

In most places, if you slap the moderator or administrator in the face, you het to go away, at least for a while
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #19
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Rich ,please dont take this in a disrespectful way-

We were banned fine , good and dandy BUT the parts we were selling were our parts they didnt belong to anyone else.
When they locked the thread over there they sent an email within minutes and stated they locked it because "you cant sell customers parts".Meanwhile we sent them an email stating this was not anyone else's parts except our own we owned them, within 5mins of that email we were banned.And also asked them how you can assume which parts we sell our our own and which aren't??
So still makes no sense to us, but that's the last I am going to talk about this issue because now we are --

Thanks for everyones input good and bad. I learned quite a bit
No, I'm not taking offense at this at all. I just see both sides to it. I agree that the site does have rules that they need to enforce. But I do not think the way you were handled in reference to their rules was in the best interests of all involved.

That is simply my opinion.....
Unread 06-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #20
Yellow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I thought it was the "Admins" that made the "final decision" to perma-ban someone?

Maybe for perma-ban