The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 12-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #21
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
*hint* You can see the air show from St. Pete
Sit in the race stands and bring a good pair of Binocs for the Air Show.....
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #22
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejr9afan
It is to bad they picked that date, as it is the same weekend as the St. Pete Gran Prix and the McDill Air Fest.
This year the Gran Prix will have the ALMS cars running also, which means the Corvette C6R of Pratt & Miller/Chevrolet. Our club is the host Corvette club for the Corvette Coral. Also across the bay in Tampa is the air show at McDill AFB, that will draw 250k people and maybe more.
Yea they should move the car show date. They will probably have a poor turnout b/c of all the other things going on. I know I won't miss the ALMS C6R's racing! The Corvette Corral will be great! Racing over a car show ANY DAY!
If you want to know my feelings on the Aston Martin DBR9's whining about the rules, just look at my avatar!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #23
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Yea they should move the car show date. They will probably have a poor turnout b/c of all the other things going on. I know I won't miss the ALMS C6R's racing! The Corvette Corral will be great! Racing over a car show ANY DAY!
If you want to know my feelings on the Aston Martin DBR9's whining about the rules, just look at my avatar!
I must agree that a race will always win out over a car show. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to the different shows.
I also agree with you on the whining of the DBR9's. I have always stated that when you build a race car, you know the rules and if you cannot be competitive in the class, then move to a different class, don't relay on the sectioning body to change the rules, such as weight breaks and smaller air restrictions on faster cars. If Chevrolet and Pratt & Miller can build the C6R's that are faster then the DBR9's, then Aston Martin need to do some more homework. You don't see RedBull in F1 get special concessions so they can run with the top three.
I understand why IMSA imposes these different restrictions, but I simply disagree with them.
I'll now get off my soap box.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote