• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Punta Gorda car museum

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Connie and I are planning to be down in the Englewood area later on this month and were considering going to the Punta Gorda Muscle Car Museum one of those days. However, I was quite disappointed to note that they do not allow video cameras on the premises. However they do allow still photos. :thinkin: Quite honestly, I'm just not very inclined to go anywhere that my camcorder cannot tag along with me if I want to do so.

Oh well, I sent them an email asking them about their policy, but if history is any guide, I doubt they will reconsider.

Guess we'll just have to stay on the beach....

Well, I never got a reply to my email to them, so I guess they are standing firm on the "no video" rule. So I'll just pass on visiting them.

not sure why they have that rule but i was there about two years ago and it is a very nice place to visit. quite a very extensive collection.

I don't understand the No Video rule myself seeing they allow still shots. But I have been there and it is something to see. I don't think I would let the video stop me. Besides, does you digital camera do movies also????

Nah.... I'm sure I'll see just as wide of a selection at the Silver Springs show in several weeks (if we decide to go there). And I won't have to feel like I'm some kind of criminal sneaking around with my camcorder.

I'm sure they have their own reasons for their policy, but I'm not PAYING them to tell me hoops I have to jump through in order to be their customer.

Back