• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Guage faces

Kap142

Who out there has purchased and applied the white/glow gauge faces? I have been thinking about doing my C5Z but just are not comfy with removing the gauge cluster as of yet.

Of those who have is one brand or type or material superior to others?

How long does it take to accomplish? Are the long term results what you paid for?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

:shrug01:

You got the 3 volume set of factory manuals yet? If not, do yourself a favor
and get a set! They'll save you time AND headaches! I've learned a LOT from
working on my car using them. The last time I worked on it, I changed the upper
and lower radiator hoses, and flushed the cooling system. What I learned that
time was that the NEXT time I decide to do hoses and flushes, I'M GONNA PAY
SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT! My respect for Rich, and what he's doing on his
Vette, has grown tremendously since I've been working on mine. Seriously, the
manuals tell you everything you need to know to get the job done. I
understand that taking out the cluster isn't that difficult, but finding all of the
screws to remove can get frustrating. Good luck with the project, and keep us
in the loop as to how you're making out.
Andy :wavey:

No Andy I don't have the manuals but you are, no doubt, correct I should get them.

The manuals do give the precise details of the "how to" but only experience tells the "rest of the story" So I kinda like having lots of input.

I have no idea if this is a project I'm going to dig in, as yet.

Yep thats the idea, slightly different mfg. but the right idea. Seem to have to come with wiring and ballast (or such) and other stuff that I don't think will be manual covered. They do appear to look cool though. Just wonder how much of a PITA they would become.

Ya gotta keep in mind that if a project I engage in says it'll take 3 hours..................:eek:

Yep thats the idea, slightly different mfg. but the right idea. Seem to have to come with wiring and ballast (or such) and other stuff that I don't think will be manual covered. They do appear to look cool though. Just wonder how much of a PITA they would become.

Ya gotta keep in mind that if a project I engage in says it'll take 3 hours..................:eek:
Yeah.....Yeah....I hear you about the "3 hours" part! Takes me at least 3 hours
to decipher the instructions usually! I'm not real fond of the red numbers on the
faces in the link I provided, and would definitely opt for blue numbers if offered,
but they DO make a difference in how the dash looks. I would really have to put
the old "Mark 1 eyeballs" on an actual installation before I made up my mind.....
Andy :wavey:

Back