• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

intake poll

I have a new C6 so I was squeamish about cutting the shroud so I tried the "Free Cold Air" mod described in a post on CF. Also changed the filters to K&N. Can't tell any real difference in performance. :shrug01:

it seems to me that for a daily driver you would pick up a TON of dirt/debris and end up cleaning/reoiling the filter every month

:wavey: Going to Auto XTC tomorrow to put in Snake Charmer and few other mods. HOpe it makes a difference. Mark

I kept the original on my '74. I figure the engineers knew what they were doing when they were able to pump a whopping 195 hp out of a 350 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BPP Vortex Rammer with the Haltech Tunnel port .I would say this is not a daily driver design.:thumbsup:

Snake Charmer is made by Vararam. It is supposedly a very good CAI. I will find out today. Mark:wavey:

TxMomma has the K&N on her C5.
I have stock on the C6. I haven't decided yet :shrug01: which after market CAI to get:banghead: .

~Ray

Actually my intake is located in the rear of the car right inside the bumper fascia behind the tail lights. That's just the way those rear mounted turbo chargers work... I thought for certain that the air filters would get clogged up with dust, but STS provides these nifty little "socks" that are made of a material that REALLY repells dust and dirt when placed over the filters. It's almost like they are made of teflon cloth or something. I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes.... :thumbsup:

Back