• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Need advice on garage lift

Cor66Vette

Hello all-
New to FL and have been looking into a garage lift for my '66. In the process of shopping for one I came to realize that I cannot put this thing together no matter how handy I may be. Not only am I not able to assemble it- considering a good portion of the pieces are a hundred pounds or so- buy I can't even accept delivery of the lift since I don't have a receiving terminal equipped with a forklift. The lift people make it clear that the trucker will not sit there while I take the packaging apart with my buddies ...oh, being I'm new to this area I HAVE NO BUDDIES :-) Anyway, might anyone reading this have been in a similar situation and perhaps would know of someone who picks up from a terminal and delivers and assembles garage lifts? I'm in Palm Coast.
Thanks in advance for your good help.

If I decide to get a lift, I'm sure I am going to face the same problem.

My strategy will be to let the people selling the lift know that unless they can assist me with locating someone locally who can and will install the lift, then there will be NO sale for them. There must be some contractor that does this sort of thing, since every commercial auto repair garage has a lift or three in them. Certainly the owners didn't do them all.

Anyway, welcome to the site! :welcome:

I think I have a business card at the shop that I got @ PRI last year, its a florida based lift guy. Let me see if I can find it tomorrow.

If I decide to get a lift, I'm sure I am going to face the same problem.

My strategy will be to let the people selling the lift know that unless they can assist me with locating someone locally who can and will install the lift, then there will be NO sale for them. There must be some contractor that does this sort of thing, since every commercial auto repair garage has a lift or three in them. Certainly the owners didn't do them all.

Anyway, welcome to the site! :welcome:

Rich, let me know if you have trouble finding an installer or a drop ship address. I have a friend that has installed several and he also can transport it for you if need be.

Rich, let me know if you have trouble finding an installer or a drop ship address. I have a friend that has installed several and he also can transport it for you if need be.

Hey, that would be great! But one step at a time, right now. Got the concrete guy all set up to start tomorrow with the foundation. :thumbsup:

Back