• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6 Glass roof panel

jsimp413

I recently moved from a C5 to a new C6. My coupe came with the standard roof panel and I would have preferred the glass roof option. know I can buy a glass sunroof for $1300 to $1500 outright, but was wondering if there are other options that would cut the cost. Like trading the painted roof or using the standard roof frame/hardware and having a glass roof installed.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Suggestions of what (or who) to stay away from would be great.

You could have the hard top roof modified, but I would imagine that would be nearly as much as buying one outright.

You might want to avoid Asto-Tops. Too many negative user comments in recent years:(

As an option, you might check some of the corvette (as well as standard) salvage yards for a top off of a wrecked C6.

Hope this helps some?

You will love the clear roof! My '08 came equipped w/ both and I never plan to install the painted one. I bought the aftermarket headliners from a vendor on CF and they work great deflecting the hot sun during the summer months.

You can buy a clear roof from a private individual on CF for $750 or so if you act quickly. I hear there have been problems w/ freight damage, so I'd try to find one close and avoid shipping. Be careful to look for scratches or small cracks if you buy one from an individual. If you are patient, you can find one as I understand there are many people whose cars came equipped w/ them and never use them...good luck!

Back