• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Horsepower Wars!

85vette

I see Ford has thrown down the gauntlet! What will GM's answer be!

dsc.discovery.com/cars-bikes/2013-ford-mustang-takes-on

Last edited:
Link doesn't work. :shrug01:

I changed it but it's not linking...you can copy and paste this one:

dsc.discovery.com/cars-bikes/2013-ford-mustang-takes-on

Ford now claims they have the most powerful V-8 in the world with the Shelby 500 pushing 650 hp and a top speed of "over 200 mph". I'm sure GM is not going to take that! A little tweaking should have the ZR-1 over 650....

Last edited:
And now that I can read the article, yeah, I guess this ups the ante for GM. Ford comes up with a 650hp power plant, eclipsing the 633 hp LS9.

Guess GM needs to get back to the drawing board if they were thinking about going to a smaller power plant for the Corvette (much less the Camaro) for the C7 generation. :hehehe:

The new Camaro coming out is not a true ZL1 unless it has the 427/7.0L engine. After GM supercharges that engine either in a Z06 or true Camaro ZL1then that should top the 650 hp mark.

Back