• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Lower control arm bushings.

Kap142

Can anyone offer a WAG on labor only cost to install lower control arm bushings? I just don't have the proper tools to under take the project.:ack2:

Ken,

I am not sure what the labor cost on this would be, but if you do it, you might as well do the upper control arms as well.

I did mine along time ago, but I pulled the A-arms out and took them to a friends shop and had the bushings replaced.

Rich

Ken, It's a little pricey I need to mine too. Mine are dry rotted on the ends but still good for now.I've done it before years ago on a 69 I had. Maybe we should have a control arm party.

Fred

Van Steel Corvette in Clearwater gets $100.00 ea. to rebuild the arms (on a C3) which includes powder coating them while they are out. I'm not sure what labor is but I can only guess it is close to $100.00 each.

Ya know that really doesn't strike me as too bad of a price. Does that include removal and re-installation of the A arms?

Larry, where are they? It'd probably be worth a day trip

Ken that's not a bad price in fact it's a real good price. But if they powder coat (and that's a good idea) how long does that take Larry?
Fred

Since they specialize in C-3's, they have rebuilt control arms in stock and just swap them out. With an appointment, they could probably do it in a day but that all depends on the alignment shop. They are located off 49th. St. at 12285 West Street, Clearwater - 727-561-9199. If you do decide to have them do the job, ask them to have Bay Area Auto Doc do the alignment. They are by far the best in the area for 4-wheel alignments.

I can't ask for a better recommendation. I will call them and set up an appointment.

Thanks Larry

Ken.. I am only 10 minutes down the road from Van Steel

if you need any help getting around or want to grab lunch give me a call..:thumbsup:

Dave

Back