• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Looking for 91-96 owner w/digital camera

CREWZIN

Hi,

I've been working with a guy who makes 3rd brake light overlays/inserts like you see on my picture below. He started off making C5 overlays and I got in touch with him about the C4. I sent him pictures and measurements and now he sells them for the C4 and for my trouble, he made me one for free plus a couple spares. He (Steve) is looking for a 91-96 Vette (Not Zr1) so he can have a picture and maybe some measurements to make the overlays for that 3rd brake light. If you have a digital camera and can send photos, please contact Steve at: eBayquestions@custombrakelights.com and tell him Carey sent ya. If you want to help, the first thing you get back is an automated response from eBay, but don't worry, Steve will get back to you via email shortly.

Thanks. Carey

BrakeLight004.jpg

Thanks! If you could, just drop him an email and see exactly what he needs. He told me you don't have to go near the back of like take it out or anything.

Mekanic said:
Also... its a sweet plug for the site (look on the bottom of my rear glass :thumbsup: :thumbsup: )

Didn't notice that before ......excellent. :thumbsup:

P.S. Steve says he's sanding you some overlays and bumper inserts that you were interested in.

Awesome, I can't wait to get them and take lots-o-pics . From looking at your car he does really nice work

Mine was a lot harder to do. Light comes off without too much fuss, but the overlay that Steve made had to slip into the inside of the lens in front of the bulbs. I first had to get detailed measurements of the inside and send them to him and he made a couple different overlays so I could try them out. Sticky side in the front so it wasn't easy sliding in the overlay and placing it just right before pressing down. Took a couple of trys. As you can see on the first pic I posted, it came out OK.

BrakeLight003.jpg

man, that does look a lot trickier than what mine will be, but the end result looks great!

Also... I think you and I are the only people reading this thread lmao

Yea, It would be a lot easier with emails, but them it's a heck of a way to beef up the post count. :D

See ya. :wavey:

Back