• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

A/C wiring?

Kap142

I was at an A/C shop today and was told that a jumper wire had been used to leave a switch out of the A/C circuit.

I immediately went to my handy dandy wiring diagram only to find no wiring shown for a 72 w/ A/C.

The wire in question is a green wire coming from the A/C compressor. It travels back to a three plug in connector which has on it's bottom side 2 green wires and one black wire. Unknown persons had removed whatever was there and just put in a jumper wire doubling back into the green.

Any ideas of what and why?

Ken:confused: :confused:

Ken, i'll take a stab at this one. going by whats on my car.
the green wire coming off the ac compressor goes to the thermal fuse connector. 3 wires as u say
the green off that goes off that (middle wire) goes to the evap thermal switch, located by blower motor on evap case. I usually access thru side grill. this will also have a tan wire to it.
The black wire goes to the back of the compressor to the super heat switch.
:banghead:
I'll try and get some photos from my wire diagram and email to ya.
Ken

Sounds exactly like what I'm talking about. Can you tell me function of the thermal fuse connector?

And yes a PIC of the thermal fuse connector would be appreciated if ya can.

Ken:thumbsup:

The thermal fuse is there so if the pressure in your a/c system goes low the fuse will blow rather than letting harm come to your a/c system

OK gottcha. They are still available everywhere for a few bucks. Think I'll get one and put it back in the system. If it didn't serve a porpose it wouldn't have been there.

Thanks,

Ken:thumbsup:

Back