• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Running car in the garage

C6Z51

So just out of curiosity I googled about exhaust fumes in the garage even with the door open. There is a treat of carbon monoxide poisoning. With all the people running generators from our recent Irma visit got me to thinking.

Most generators will have labels on them to alert you to only run the generator outside. Advice that is well worth heeding, I believe.

A 4hp push lawn mower produces more Carbon Monoxide than a Honda civic .My emergency generator is a Lincoln welder that pumps out 7000 watts and it's located in the shop 100 feet from the house .I keep the doors and windows shut tight to kill anything not welcome .

What does anyone with a attached garage run their car a few minutes with the door open to warm it up just enough to operating range/
and if you don't will condensation be a problem

Back