• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Paint???

3318C5

I am restoring a car(VW Beetle). I want to paint it the same color as my current vette(Anniversary Red). I thought it would be pretty neat and one of a kind. Does anybody know where I can buy factory paint from?:shrug01:

Oh, I don't know...... a VW isn't all that big. Maybe several bottles of touch-up paint would be enough? :D

Seriously, call a local body shop and ask them. They could probably help.

Yellow pages- Autopaint

I use to paint cars a lot. Computers mix your paint based on the paint # code for the color you need. You need the year make model and code # of the paint you want. Painting a car is a lot different than painting anything else.

What year is the VW? I have a 57 ragtop in my garage waiting for a new engine.
Mine will need paint once I get an engine in it. No rush though.

It's not this one, is it? :lmao:

jet-beetle.jpg

VW_Rear_Dr_Open1_PScopy.jpg

VW_Fire1copy.jpg

Sure would keep people from tailgating you, I guess........... :rofl1:

Yeah, that would surely keep people off your azz!

Here is my 57 ragtop before the engine removal.
Hurricane_Pics_2_087.jpg

I thought I was done with VWs when I left high school but my oldest son could not afford a new engine for this one so inherited it.
It ain't a Corvette thats for certain but it is a good little project car for some father-son-son projects.

Back