• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Project Hu and Sub Z06

SteveGel

I post this awhile back on other Corvette forums, but i forgot to post this here.

We will showcase the start of the project to end. List of things giong into the ZO6 will be Double DIN in-dash DVD/MP3/CD/AM/FM,
ddx7017.jpg

Door Speakers, Rear View Camera, two 8 inch subs, amplifier.

This posting is kinda late since we've started the project already.
Picture%20063.jpg

This is how it begins

Picture%20042.jpg

Picture%20045.jpg

Picture%20046.jpg

Now Steve can see what's behind him.

Picture%20053.jpg

Relocated the climate control.

Picture%20059.jpg

Picture%20061.jpg

1.5 DIN opening converted to 2 DIN opening to accommodate new unit.

Picture%20065.jpg

Picture%20067.jpg

Master primer and prep Ryan @ work.

Picture%20078.jpg

Drew starting the enclosure process.

Picture%20081.jpg

Picture%20083.jpg

Fiberglass process.

139de2b8.jpg

f895f26b.jpg

800 watt Kenwood amp
082bc251.jpg

2 8" 500 watts MA audio subs.
I can pull out the sub, if i go to the track.

Nice looking set of pipes! My LGMs made a very pleasing change in the tone of my exhaust. Yesterday when I went to the dealership to pick up my Z after having the alternator looked at, all the mechanics were walking by to tell me how nice the new exhaust system sounded.

I think you will be pleased with yours as well. Headers are just such a NICE mod to do......

Getting the pros or the streets?

I talked to the vette tech that put my pros on last week and he said it was a bitch to do. I've heard from other people it is relatively easy, so now I am wondering about that "relatively" descriptor.

I'm just glad I didn't do it. Sounds like more work then I want to have to do for something like that these days.

I am getting the Pro's with the Random high flow cats. From what I've heard, the LG's are the easiest. The Kooks, supposedly, are one of the hardest. I'll find out soon!

Good luck with them. I was talking to a guy up in Ohio on corvetteforum who had gotten the same setup I did right around the same time. He and a friend of his did the install and said it took them around 12 hours all total for the job. He told he that knowing what he knows now, he would have paid someone else to do it. But he's around my age (55), so perhaps you have less miles under your belt and this wouldn't be the chore it is to us older guys. :)

Are you getting them directly from LGM? The cats I got were not the Random Tech ones, but something similar looking. Didn't have that polished stainless look to them and looked like just plain old stainless steel. No big deal since no one is going to see them anyway.

Oh, btw, from what I have heard, you are going to really need to bang those cats and pipes ALL the way on to keep from getting some minor exhaust leaks. Bear that in mind so you don't have to go back under your car to fix it later.

Ivo says it usually takes around 4-6 hours. Hopefully we don't have any problems. Otherwise, it would be easier to have someone else do it. We don't have a lift either, it'll be on jack stands.

I think the last mod I have in mind to install is the Shaner S3 throttle body that I have in the workroom. Been spending the last week or so with the Dremel polishing the OUTSIDE of it to make it purty looking. Just about done.

But I'm going to hold off putting in on until I get this alternator gremlin exorcised first. I don't like having too many variables at once to have to deal with. Going to take a ride today for a bit to see if my squirting some contact cleaner and reseating the plug on the alternator has changed anything. There is supposed to be a plug on the starter as well, but darned if I can see it from the top. If it can't be reached from the top, then I can't do it because I don't have any way to get to it from underneath.

Back