• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

"Vettes" at the Light Corvette Show

PIVette

Hi Gals and Guys,

Registration Forms are now available for the 3rd Annual "Vettes" at the Light Corvette Show at historic Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. Show date is Saturday, the 17th of May 2008. Open to the first 125 Corvettes to pre-register. Register early, the first 2 years were sold out. :dancer01: no day of show registration !!

Go to ---> http://www.ponceinletcorvetteclub.com/ValFlyer2008.htm

$25.00 registration includes 1 Lighthouse admission, 1 Marine Science Center admission, 1 lunch, 1 event t-shirt, goody bag, door prize ticket and a day of great fun, live music, trophies, food and other neat stuff.

Email any questions to Harvey at offduty1@aol.com or call (386) 760-1048

Thanks to all that have attended in the past,

Harvey
Ponce Inlet Corvette Club

Hey Brother,
My registration is also on it's way. Sounds like a neat show::thumbsup:
NASAJack are you and Tracey joining us?

"Vettes" at the Light

Hi Gals and Guys,

Here's some answers to your questions about the show:

It's a judged show, with classes C-1 thru C-6 awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class. We also added a modified class this year. We'll probably divide a few of the classes into A and B depending upon how many cars are registered in each class.

In addition there is a People's Choice, Town Employees Favorite, Mayor's Award, Favorite Ponce Inlet Club car and Club participation award.

Ponce Inlet is located about 10 miles south of Daytona on beachside. The show is at the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, which is also located next door to the Marine Science Center. Check out their websites at the below links...

http://www.ponceinlet.org/ .... http://echotourism.com/msc/default.htm

We're working on a Host Hotel and should have that info posted shortly....

It's a real fun show, and we'd love to have CorvetteFlorida.com cars come on over and join in ....

Thanks for the questions.... I'll check back frequently and answer any additional ones.....

Harvey

I'll have to ask the boss...

...Traci...to see if we're attending, but I'm sure we are!
:dancer01:

And yes, its just south of Daytona off I-95. Maybe ya'll can think of the potential to caravan up there once we collect a bunch of cars over on this side of the state? :thumbsup:

So far....

My registration went out today. :thumbsup:

Ken/Carrie will be staying with us (Jack/Traci) at our little Corvette storage facility and cottage (home).

Now, if I can convince Traci to allow more folks, who want to make a weekend of it from the other coast (Tampa, etc., :hehehe:), and save a bit of money for other things besides hotels, I can ask! The best would be maybe sleeping bags that would be :welcome: on the floor. If not, then there are 2 to 3 hotels about a half mile from our house, just off I-95 at exit 215. And Eckler's is about 3 miles west of our house on Route 1. Or your can stay up there at the Inlet which in itself is a stone's throw from Daytona Beach. :thumbsup:

If there is talk of a caravan to the Inlet, from Titusville, then we could all meet up at Ecklers' parking lot to start the caravan about 7.30 am...since cars have to be parked NLT 9.45 am at the Inlet. That might bring some of you folks over here the night before. :yesnod:

If so, we could leisurely travel up scenic Route 1 (which many over here consider Florida's version of Route 66), which would take a tad bit more than an hour to get up to Ponce Inlet and get lost! Maybe even enough time leftover for a quick breakfast :hehehe:

Ya'll toss it over! :D

Hotel/Motel Info for "Vettes" at the Light

Hi Gals and Guys,

Fortunately or maybe Unfortunately, Daytona is undergoing some "growing" pains and most of the Mom and Pop Hotel/Motels are gone or going.

In the past we have had good luck with the Palm Plaza 3301 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118.. Rates are around $100.00 - $110.00 a night, and it's on the ocean. It's located about 10-15 minutes north of the show in Ponce Inlet.

There are also a bunch of other Hotel/Motels in the area of the Palm Plaza ... the Acapulco is supposed to be a nice cute one, with good rates ..... all are on South Atlantic (A1A) and on the beach. Most of them have changed ownership recently, but they are nice for what they are ... beachfront motels. There are a few fancier ones a little further north, but pricier also ... these closer ones should be fine.

Here's a link to check availability and rates..... http://www.daytonahotels.com/PalmPlaza/index.php .. on that website you can use the pull down menu on the left to also view other properties and their rates....

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns....

Thanks Again and we look forward to seeing you all at the show....

Harvey :thumbsup:
Ponce Inlet Corvette Club

My registration went out today. :thumbsup:

Ken/Carrie will be staying with us (Jack/Traci) at our little Corvette storage facility and cottage (home).

Now, if I can convince Traci to allow more folks, who want to make a weekend of it from the other coast (Tampa, etc., :hehehe:), and save a bit of money for other things besides hotels, I can ask! The best would be maybe sleeping bags that would be :welcome: on the floor. If not, then there are 2 to 3 hotels about a half mile from our house, just off I-95 at exit 215. And Eckler's is about 3 miles west of our house on Route 1. Or your can stay up there at the Inlet which in itself is a stone's throw from Daytona Beach. :thumbsup:

If there is talk of a caravan to the Inlet, from Titusville, then we could all meet up at Ecklers' parking lot to start the caravan about 7.30 am...since cars have to be parked NLT 9.45 am at the Inlet. That might bring some of you folks over here the night before. :yesnod:

If so, we could leisurely travel up scenic Route 1 (which many over here consider Florida's version of Route 66), which would take a tad bit more than an hour to get up to Ponce Inlet and get lost! Maybe even enough time leftover for a quick breakfast :hehehe:

Ya'll toss it over! :D

Thanks Jack, we're looking forward to it.

Ken

Some photos from last years show....

Hi Gals and Guys,

For those of you that were unable to attend last years show ... Here's a few photos.

Attachments

• 2007ValPhoto1.jpg
    2007ValPhoto1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 2007Valphoto2.jpg
    2007Valphoto2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 2007Valphoto3.jpg
    2007Valphoto3.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 2007Valphoto4.jpg
    2007Valphoto4.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 194
More lodging information...

Hi Gals and Guys,

Below is an email I just received from Bob ... Nature Coast Corvette Club.
I've reprinted it with his permission....Thanks Bob ... for sharing your info.:thumbsup:

______________________________​

Harvey,

They were very accommodating. Palm Plaza Oceanfront with my AAA membership it was $89.10 a night. I would suggest anyone call the -1-888-457-9299 number speak to a real person. The website rate was higher and you needed some kind of password to make the reservation on your own.. I told the gal I talked to about your event and she was excited.

Hi Gals and Guys,

The direct phone for the Plaza is (386) 767-1711. I spoke with Chris (male) at the front desk today and he says they will be able to honor that $89.00 rate. The Motel is on the ocean and about 7-8 miles north of the Lighthouse and the show. The Mgr's name is Tom Peets.

I hope this helps.....:thumbsup:

Harvey

Back