• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Differential Fill Plug question??????

MY93TOY

Quick question: Today I changed my differential Fluid on my 93. I noticed the fill plug was tight before the plug is flush against the differential housing. Is this normal? I tried to use a 10mm to remove the plug but that was too big to I had to used a pair of pliers to remove the plug. I was just wondering if may car has the correct plug or not? The plug seems to be plastic also.
Anyone have this same issue?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Quick question: Today I changed my differential Fluid on my 93. I noticed the fill plug was tight before the plug is flush against the differential housing. Is this normal? I tried to use a 10mm to remove the plug but that was too big to I had to used a pair of pliers to remove the plug. I was just wondering if may car has the correct plug or not? The plug seems to be plastic also.
Anyone have this same issue?

Thanks for your help!!!!
I've never seen a Plastic plug in a C4 Differential and usually there a Large Allen,but that don't mean it didn't happen!! As far as not being flush,the plug has a shoulder that is supposed to have a Red Plastic Tag hanging on it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've never seen a Plastic plug in a C4 Differential and usually there a Large Allen,but that don't mean it didn't happen!! As far as not being flush,the plug has a shoulder that is supposed to have a Red Plastic Tag hanging on it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mine had a tag but it was a long silver one.

Back