• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Scratches on steering wheel

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
A while back I had to have some work done on the C5Z requiring the dash to be pulled apart. One of the heater/ac actuators had gone bad and needed to be replaced. Took it to one of the local dealers, and the tech scratched up the steering wheel in the process. I lodged a complaint about it, but never carried it any further.

Is there anyway to fix the roughness of those scratches? It's gotten less rough feeling over time, but they are still there, and kind of aggravates me everytime I feel them while driving. So maybe there is some relatively easy way to fix this problem........... :shrug01:

You know, this could start another rant for me. You take your perfectly good car (except for the problem) to the shop to fix it and you get it back fixed but also damaged. It happens every time and it pisses me off! :mad: You have to make a conscious choice if you really need to have something fixed because you know, there will be a price to pay and it's not the $$ I'm talking about. There, I feel a little better
Now, as far as your steering wheel, I have no idea how to make it better. :shrug01: You could always wrap it .. or have it covered with one of the interior design kits.

Back