• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

THOR has a girlfriend....

THOR

Yesterday, a good friend comes by for a visit in his new baby!! A beautiful 2008 Ferrari 599 F1 graced my driveway and I just had to pull THOR out of the garage for a group photo shoot. This Ferrari has a V12 all Aluminum engine and frame packing 620 hp. The ride was unbelievable and the paddle shifts were very tight and crisp. I could feel my body pressing into the back of the seat with every shift. The head and leg room is tighter than the vette at least for my 6'7" frame. The exhaust notes were awesome at idle and at full throttle. The exterior reminds me alot of our beloved vette and the Aston Martin. Price tag for a 599 starts in the 300K range! Ouch I say. I think I'll keep THOR. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• ferrari engine bay.jpg
    ferrari engine bay.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 121
  • ferrari interior.jpg
    ferrari interior.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 117
  • ferrari and vette profile 1.jpg
    ferrari and vette profile 1.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 117
  • ferrari and vette profile 2.jpg
    ferrari and vette profile 2.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 120
Be interesting to see one of those Ferrari 599s go head to head with a ZR-1.

Nice car, but a real safe bet that I'll NEVER own one.... :(

Be interesting to see one of those Ferrari 599s go head to head with a ZR-1.

Nice car, but a real safe bet that I'll NEVER own one.... :(

You could own 3+ ZR1 for the price of a 599. Just think of all the color choices you could have! :rofl1::rofl1:

Noticed the body lines.... Who copied Who ????

Scav.
:wavey:

Truth of the matter is, that if you put all the "supercars" together in one place, most people wouldn't be able to tell them apart. They are all pretty much very similar in appearance.

Truth of the matter is, that if you put all the "supercars" together in one place, most people wouldn't be able to tell them apart. They are all pretty much very similar in appearance.

Well, that pretty much follows with all cars these days. I remember when I was a kid in the 60's, I could tell the make and model of a car by it's headlights at night! I can't tell a Toyota from a Mazda in broad daylight today!

Sweet, I wish I had a Ferrari for photo ops. Or better yet, to drive!:hehehe:

Well, that pretty much follows with all cars these days. I remember when I was a kid in the 60's, I could tell the make and model of a car by it's headlights at night! I can't tell a Toyota from a Mazda in broad daylight today!
Try looking at the emblems!:lmao:

Oh wait, those look the same from a distance as well...:hehehe:

Back