• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Please help regarding finding prior owner

Brianmak

I am in AZ and recently bought a 1991 Medium Quasar Blue ZR1. It was traded in at Mercedes Benz of Pompano. I took a major risk buying it sight unseen, but the car is really nice. The LT5 plenum looks to of been signed by Dave McLellan. I want to learn about the cars past and to see if I can acquire the original color top and factory rims.

I do know this the rear end gear ratio was upgraded to 4.10's and she has 94-95 ZR1 rims, and custom 3 inch exhaust with flow master mufflers.

Attachments

• IMG_20150521_123833.jpg
    IMG_20150521_123833.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20150521_123738.jpg
    IMG_20150521_123738.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 108
I tried getting background info on a car from DMV and they are so tight-assed giving out info because of all the privacy laws. After I found out the name of one previous owner I posted on FaceBook and followed where the trail lead me. I eventually found the father and son who did the restoration on the car, from there the guy who sold it to him, and finally got to the one before him. I ended up with a photo album of the entire restoration, a scrapbook of receipts, and a ledger of the restoration. I'm not much on today's social media, but it does have its uses. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Nice looking ride.

Back