• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Gone for the weekend....

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Doing a show in Daytona Beach and leaving in a few hours. You all are on your own for a while. If the hotel has broadband, I may log in here, but if not, nope... I HATE dialup.......

Hold down the fort!
:wavey: :wavey:

Scary thought, leaving the site in our hands.:eek: :dancer01:

Have a safe trip Rich...:thumbsup:

Jack

Hey Rich, since your in the area, join up with us on I-4 Sat morn for a run to Tour-ass part of O' town! There could be 20 to 30 vettes. Info at "other site"

Carl

We'll try to be good......:rofl1: , no seriously...:D . Anyway, have a good time. We'll be right here where you left us.

NOBCKSEAT said:
Hey Rich, since your in the area, join up with us on I-4 Sat morn for a run to Tour-ass part of O' town! There could be 20 to 30 vettes. Info at "other site"

Carl

Thanks for the invite, but no can do. The reason I am here in Daytona (the hotel has broadband, thank GOD!) is to do a reptile show for my business. It's basically "balls to the wall" with customers all day long. Besides, I'll be in the Astro van as the Z won't hold even a fraction of all the stuff we have to bring to a show.

Today (friday) was setup and I'm exhausted already. I'm planning to hit the hay any moment as my head is about to hit the keyboard any moment.

But anyway, have fun on the run....

And yeah, I MISS my Z!!

So Rich
How did the sssssnake show go? Everytime I hear advertisements for that new movie Snakes on a Plane I think about you and your slithering pets.
I think we kept the house here pretty neat and didn't have any wild parties, not that you could tell anyway.... So, how'd the weekend go?? Buy and new reptiles or just sell some of yours?

Actually the show surprised me. I went in with low expectations, but people were buying like crazy. Actually this was the best show we ever did. Had people complain to me later that they couldn't even GET to our tables because it was so crowded at times. But most of the business came from people from Europe who came over to the USA for this show. So a lot of my snakes are going out of the country, it seems.

So yeah, I've got some spare cash to spend on the Z. Sure would like to buy that c5r 427 from Ivo, but I don't know what the labor would be for a motor swap. Might be more then I want to spend.......

And yes, you guys seem to have held this all together pretty well. I was able to log in here at night since the hotel had broadband, but not too much needed my attention. Just a few of the usual SPAM postings.....

Thanks.

Rich Z said:
So yeah, I've got some spare cash to spend on the Z. Sure would like to buy that c5r 427 from Ivo, but I don't know what the labor would be for a motor swap. Might be more then I want to spend.......

Why swap it? If you just GOTTA keep the blue then repaint the yellow IVO car:D

Would be cheaper and less headaches than a motor swap.;)

Z06 Rocket said:
Why swap it? If you just GOTTA keep the blue then repaint the yellow IVO car:D

Would be cheaper and less headaches than a motor swap.;)

Well from the figures I have looked at, I don't see the same answers... :)

Ivo is selling the motor alone for $15K. The car for $49.5K. Does a motor swap cost $30K+ for labor? How much would repainting the car cost?

Even selling my own car still doesn't balance it out......

Honestly, a yellow car with red interior is just not "me".....

Rich Z said:
Well from the figures I have looked at, I don't see the same answers... :)

Ivo is selling the motor alone for $15K. The car for $49.5K. Does a motor swap cost $30K+ for labor? How much would repainting the car cost?

Even selling my own car still doesn't balance it out......

Honestly, a yellow car with red interior is just not "me".....

He changed his mind anyway. Motor is not for sale separately. Too much hassle. The price of the car is lowered to $45000 though.

MADN3SS said:
I read on Corvette Forum that the sale for Ivo's car is now pending.

Ouch! Man, if Greg (at Anti Venom) would have done this swap for a less then "arm and leg" price, I was going to go for it..........

Regal rats..........

Back