• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rich Z Pfadt Shocks and Swaybar Install

xtrememotorsports

We finally got Rich Zs' sway bars and shocks installed today,the install went very well and the install time on a normal non turbo car would only be two or three hours but the plumbing for the turbos added a little time to the install.

I just wanted to share some pics of the install.

Hope you enjoy the new setup Rich.

Attachments

• Rich Z 013.jpg
    Rich Z 013.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Rich Z 016.jpg
    Rich Z 016.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Rich Z 024.jpg
    Rich Z 024.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 116
  • Rich Z 027.jpg
    Rich Z 027.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 113
Man.... how did those zinc plated Baer rotors get so danged RUSTY???

Yeah, the car seems much more solid to me. Turning corners is like being on a skateboard. No body roll whatsoever. Odd thing is that the dirt road we live on actually seemed to rattle my teeth LESS with these new shocks and sways then the stock stuff did. And Chris set everything up to be on the track end of the settings rather then the civilized end.

Oh yeah, and it appears that my timing was pretty good on getting this done. Chris and Wes found that my left rear shock was blown. So new shocks were in the cards anyway.

This new stuff sure does look snazzy. Got some pics myself, but they are still on the camera. Maybe the next day or three I'll post them.

One thing I did notice is that the car seems to sit a little higher then it used to. Might need to ask Chris to lower it a bit so it doesn't look like I'm planning to go mud bogging with it. :hehehe:

Also had Chris and Wes (Robert helped out as well) install a new skid plate bracket, since mine got damaged during an altercation with an armadillo the night I drove the car home from Ft. Lauderdale. Just a word to the wise, DON'T hit an armadillo going 60+mph if you can help it.... :rolleyes:

Also had some new front parking lights installed, and Chris installed my new shiny tensioner I got from RevXtreme a long while back.

All in all it was a real nice day hanging out at Chris's place. All the guys are fun to talk to, and Connie and I enjoyed being there.

Say Chris! How many of those snickerdoodles are still surviving? :hehehe:

Looks like a nice setup Rich. I noticed my C5 in front of the lift patiently awaiting it's new 383 stroker moter that Chris is building for me. Maybe I'll get pics put in here too. ..lol:crazy03::thumbsup:

Looks like a nice setup Rich. I noticed my C5 in front of the lift patiently awaiting it's new 383 stroker moter that Chris is building for me. Maybe I'll get pics put in here too. ..lol:crazy03::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Yeah, Chris had a pretty full shop there today. I am grateful he was able to make time for my stuff. I didn't think it would happen, the way things were looking. Had a couple of other small things I wanted him to do, but we all just ran out of time. The plumbing for the turbos just made the front sway bar install more complicated and time consuming. I've got to go back in a week or two so he can re-torque all the bolts, so hopefully then things won't be so crazy there.

Must be frustrating waiting on a new engine, though... One of these days I'd like to get a built 427 dropped into my C5Z. But the motor in there now runs so darn strong I just can't justify yanking it out. Hope your 383 is because you just wanted it now, and isn't because something broke.....

Well Rich I was very happy with the motor that was in my vette. Something did break so that made my decision to go with a stroker motor easier.

Man.... how did those zinc plated Baer rotors get so danged RUSTY???

Yeah, the car seems much more solid to me. Turning corners is like being on a skateboard. No body roll whatsoever. Odd thing is that the dirt road we live on actually seemed to rattle my teeth LESS with these new shocks and sways then the stock stuff did. And Chris set everything up to be on the track end of the settings rather then the civilized end.

Oh yeah, and it appears that my timing was pretty good on getting this done. Chris and Wes found that my left rear shock was blown. So new shocks were in the cards anyway.

This new stuff sure does look snazzy. Got some pics myself, but they are still on the camera. Maybe the next day or three I'll post them.

One thing I did notice is that the car seems to sit a little higher then it used to. Might need to ask Chris to lower it a bit so it doesn't look like I'm planning to go mud bogging with it. :hehehe:

Also had Chris and Wes (Robert helped out as well) install a new skid plate bracket, since mine got damaged during an altercation with an armadillo the night I drove the car home from Ft. Lauderdale. Just a word to the wise, DON'T hit an armadillo going 60+mph if you can help it.... :rolleyes:

Also had some new front parking lights installed, and Chris installed my new shiny tensioner I got from RevXtreme a long while back.

All in all it was a real nice day hanging out at Chris's place. All the guys are fun to talk to, and Connie and I enjoyed being there.

Say Chris! How many of those snickerdoodles are still surviving? :hehehe:

I am so glad you like your set up Rich!!

As far as the snickerdoodles.... NONE !!!! That boy ate every single one of them.... I got all the other stuff..mmmmm....DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

PLEASE tell Connie THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH !!!!!

Nothing better than homemade goodies coming home!!!!

Me Madyson and Gavin are all enjoying them...

YUMMY !!!

Oh you must be Mr Mike.

You have not had the best of luck have you??

I felt so bad when Chris told me about your car after you took it to the track.

:thumbsdown:

Hello Mrs. Xtreme,

Well I good luck in that I didn't blow it up at the track and hit the wall.This is my Christmas present for the next 10 years. lol.I won't say what my wife thought about the whole deal.Oh well .
When Chris is done it should be a real Z06 killer.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to your family Mrs. Xtreme

Mike

Hello Mrs. Xtreme,

Well I good luck in that I didn't blow it up at the track and hit the wall.This is my Christmas present for the next 10 years. lol.I won't say what my wife thought about the whole deal.Oh well .
When Chris is done it should be a real Z06 killer.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to your family Mrs. Xtreme

Mike

Yes thats true at least you didnt hit the wall !!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too you too !!

Cant wait to see your car in action after its all done!!!

sway bars

Here are some pics of the sway bars.

Attachments

• Rich Z 025.jpg
    Rich Z 025.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Rich Z 026.jpg
    Rich Z 026.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 52
  • Rich Z 028.jpg
    Rich Z 028.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 58
May I ask what the damage was? Parts/Labor?

Heck, I don't even know for certain. I had a whole list of things for Chris to do for me, and all the parts were ordered over a few months. He just bundled the labor charge for everything. Which, quite honestly, was VERY fair based on the amount of work he did. Matter of fact, if anything, he really undercharged me for the amount of work done. My car tied up his lift and two people (sometimes a third pitched in) working on it all day long. Chris has always been extremely reasonable with his charges for his expertise. I can't tell you how pleased I am that a quality shop like his is within such easy driving distance. And it's going to get even better when he moves even closer by moving the shop to Tallahassee. :thumbsup:

Those things are real purty. Just so you know, you now have to pave your road so they don't get dirty. :hehehe:

Those things are real purty. Just so you know, you now have to pave your road so they don't get dirty. :hehehe:

Heck, no one can see them anyway, so I'm sure not worried about it. Out of sight, out of mind....... :hehehe: I was actually surprised to see that my ceramic coated turbo housings were rusted. Oh well.....

Back