• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Just joined from Melbourne, FL

dknowles67

Just found out about this from CorvetteForum, private message.
I should check those more often.
I only seem to get interested when I have a problem.
I broke down last week, in my 1967, 427/390hp convertible - mostly original car.
Looks like a broken valve spring on the exhaust valve on my #6 cylinder.
Hope to be back on the road soon.

Welcome to the site!

You can set up your private messages to give you a pop up every time you get one instead of having to check them. FYI.

Sorry to hear about your Vette troubles.

Got any :pics:

:welcome: to the site. I am registered on quite a few different sites and set it so the site sends me an email when I receive a private message. Seems like the easiest way to do that.

Hope you get your engine fixed. Hopefully the valve didn't drop into the cylinder and hit the piston. :ack2:

Good luck!

dknowles67 said:
Finally got it back on the road, and running really good.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks like another sharp looking vette now on the streets in Florida.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now that it is running good, pull it out into the driveway and take a few pics for us!

:pics:

:thumbsup: Hi,
Welcome to the site. I am in Palm Bay. Are you a member of aany of the local Corvette Clubs?
Steve

No, I'm not a member of any clubs in the area, at least not the kind that has a membership fee, or takes attendance, or anything. I visited a few meetings of the Melbourne/Palm Bay club that used to meet at Jim Rathman's (maybe they still do). I think it was the Palm Bay Corvette Club, or Reflections in Glass, or both. Mostly I just hang out at Doubles on Wickham/NASA on Wednesday's. They sort of have their own "club", but it's all classic/muscle cars, not just Corvettes. I undertand there is a Space Coast Corvette Club, but I think they meet up north, Titusville, or Cocoa, or something.

I'm pretty sure I posted this link before, but for those that missed it, and want to see pictures:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/dknowles1/vettes/myvette.htm.

Space Coast Corvette Club meets the 1st Sunday of each month. The next meeting is Jan. 7th at Mee Maw's on Eau Gallie Blvd. beach side. They gather at 6:00 to eat and chat. The meeting starts at 7:00 and is usually over by 8:00. I enjoy being able to pick the brains of other members and participating in the events that we attend as a group.

Back