• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Yet another Noob - Jaws Racing :)

Jaws Racing

Just thought I would drop in say hi and let people know about a dynojet dyno located in Tallahassee, FL. I talked to Rich Z and he said just go ahead and post the info.

First off my name is Tony Whetstone, I own and operate Jaws Racing in Tallahassee. I've been into cars since 1990 when I got my first Mustang (I can say mustang here can't I :) ). Been drag racing ever sense I got the mustang and someone introduced me to racing. I've tried my hand at the local SCCA years ago and it was fun but I liked the thrill of drag racing more. I've been tweaking on EFI cars since around 1992. I normally follow the Fun Ford Weekend Series and in 2003,2004, and 2005 I was the Street Stang class champion. In 2006 I decided to start tuning to help offset the cost of racing. So I purchased the SCT Dealer software and quickly found the need to purchase my own dyno. So in late 2006 purchased the industry standard Dynojet 224xLC. For now I've kept my day job (state employee hard to give up those benefits :) ) and do dyno tuning on week nights and week ends.

I can tune Fords, GMs, and Chrysler's with SCT or HP Tuners. And for the turbo folks my dynojet has the eddy current load control features. I also had Dynojet up the calibration file on my 224xLC so I can read up 2000 rwhp. Had a Dodge diesel max the dyno @ 1500 tq one day. Couldn't have that so I had Dynojet fix it :).

If you want to see some results from tuning I've done you can check out my website http://www.jawsracing.net. Down of the bottom left is a link to Dyno graphs from some vehicles I've tuned.

Feel free to e-mail or call me any time.

Tony Whetstone
Ford/Gm/Chrysler Tuning
Jaws Racing

:welcome: Welcome to the site, Tony. Always nice to have more tuning expertise around.

(I can say mustang here can't I)

dont worry, I think we all tried one of those at sometime or another:lmao:, Mine was a 71 mach1

now time for the man with a stick
:welcome:

(I can say mustang here can't I)

dont worry, I think we all tried one of those at sometime or another:lmao:, Mine was a 71 mach1

now time for the man with a stick
:welcome:

When I was 16, I originally wanted a 1974 Corvette Stingray. Of course even though I was paying for it I was told no due to the fiberglass body.:mad: So I ended up getting a mustang instead.

My brother has a 1975 Corvette but it just sits in need of repair. I haven't even seen it in 4-5 years I think. It sits in a warehouse untouched. If I had the extra money I would restore it. I loved the 68-76 vettes. When it changed to the bubble window in '77 it lost some the appeal to me.

Hi Tony:wavey:
I'm a noob too:D My husband and I also own a shop that works on those
"M" word cars here in Vero.

Cat

Back