• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Post a pic of your Vette!

parkland_c6

Here is my baby... 2005 Auto. C6, Corsa Sport

C6.jpg

C6-Scenic.jpg

Beautiful 05 parkland_. My son just bought an 06. Nice car if I do say so myself. I still have my old C5Z, but I do love that car

Attachments

• IMG_0074a.jpg
    IMG_0074a.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,436
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,436
Here is a few of mine. The second one was more for the scenery behind than the Z itself, but I had to get it in there. The third one is something I did this morning on Photoshop. I'm trying to learn a little at a time.

TREESZ.jpg

SUNZSIDE.jpg

QSZMOSAIC800.jpg

Thanks. I'll be buying a new camera this summer. I want something that will allow me to blow some pictures up to poster size. I already have spots in the garage waiting for some posters.

MADN3SS said:
Thanks. I'll be buying a new camera this summer. I want something that will allow me to blow some pictures up to poster size. I already have spots in the garage waiting for some posters.

Do you already have a camera in mind? Having one that can take photos with enough resolution to blow up into poster sized prints may be a pretty tall order. Figuring on a poster that is 4 foot wide and able to display a minimum resolution of 150 dpi means your camera needs to have the capability of taking a photo of 7,200 pixels horizontally. For the poster to be just 2 foot tall means a vertical resolution on the camera of 3,600 pixels. So the camera you would need would need to be rated at 26 megapixels. Right off hand, I don't know of any consumer grade camera that has that kind of capability.

So smaller banners may be necessary or else a graphics shop that can extrapolate the raw data for the image to be printed. Of course, the file size of the image is going to be substantial as well.

Rich Z said:
Do you already have a camera in mind? Having one that can take photos with enough resolution to blow up into poster sized prints may be a pretty tall order. Figuring on a poster that is 4 foot wide and able to display a minimum resolution of 150 dpi means your camera needs to have the capability of taking a photo of 7,200 pixels horizontally. For the poster to be just 2 foot tall means a vertical resolution on the camera of 3,600 pixels. So the camera you would need would need to be rated at 26 megapixels. Right off hand, I don't know of any consumer grade camera that has that kind of capability.

So smaller banners may be necessary or else a graphics shop that can extrapolate the raw data for the image to be printed. Of course, the file size of the image is going to be substantial as well.

I'm probably going with the Sony R1. 10.3 megapixels with 5x optical zoom. About the only thing it doesn't do is video. I was hoping to get that as well. I have a Sony Digital 8, but I wanted to get a digital camera that took decent short videos. I may pick up another small camera to have for that purpose. Sony is coming out with a 7.2mp camera with 12x optical in June. I'll test out the video function and this will probably be the one I use most of the time.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...ategoryName=dcc_DIDigitalCameras_megapixels_8

There was a package on ebay for the Sony R1 that included the camera, carrying case, remote control tripod, 2x telephoto lens add on (since this isn't an SLR), wide angle lens, 2 gig memory card, memory card reader, tabletop tripod, lens cleaning kit and a UV filter. All for $980. Pretty good deal, considering Sony still has the camera for sale by itself, on their site for $999. Here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Sony-...temZ7614712251QQcategoryZ107903QQcmdZViewItem

I've got a Fuji FinePix S3 Pro camera for my stills. The thing that sold me on it (I actually had the S1 Pro previously) was that I could use all my Nikon 35mm lenses with the digital body. Does an excellent job. It's rated at 12.34 megapixels.

My Sony DVD403 Camcorder takes photos but I haven't tried that yet.

SebringBill said:
Here's my(and my wife's) three:

Just one question....... How do you fit all three of them into that garage when it rains? :ack2:

Rich Z said:
Just one question....... How do you fit all three of them into that garage when it rains? :ack2:

Glad you asked...

...I don't!

Only the 57 lives indoors right now. (It's the one that leaks the most!)

The 00 'vert is available for purchase in order to help fund the garage/addition coming soon to a yard like mine! :rolleyes:

What you don't see in this pic is the rest of the nearly 1/2 acre we have available.

SebringBill, did you go on the 50th Caravan in the '57? Possibly with a tripod camera in the passenger seat? If so I remember you, and we all thought it was cool to see a classic out cruisin up to Bowling Green.

c5inparadise said:
04 A4 - stock except for GHL Bulletts. Considering adding lt headers/hi-cat flows/x-pipe/Halltech and 3:42 gears

after.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back