• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Wanted: Corvette-friendly Amsoil dealer in St. Pete.

May I please ask what is your reason for Amsoil vs Mobil 1 or Royal Purple?

Thanks...maybe you know something???

For more than you ever wanted to know about oil, visit the forums at Bob Is The Oil Guy.

There's a lot of controversy over oils. I think German Castol, Pennzoil Platinum, and Shell Rotella are all strong oils. I'm getting ready to try the Bio-Synthetic from RLI. Expensive, but I'm fighting some particular issues that this oil is well-suited to solve.

I think if you want to do more than play roulette with this you have to use oil analysis services, like those from Blackstone Labs or (better) Dyson Analysis.

As to the Amsoil, what I'm looking for there is oil filters, not oil. Certainly plenty of people use their oil and like it.

A while back I read an interesting article about Wix oil filters that convinced me to give them a try. Did a quick spin around Ebay and found a case of them for a VERY reasonable price, so I picked them up.

With a lot of this specialty stuff I look for, I've pretty much given up finding suppliers locally. Find what I need online, buy it, pay for it, then have it show up on my porch a few days later. Sure beats running around town just to hear people say they never heard of it before.

Back