• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

A/C Blower Resistor

16again

I had an issue with my A/C blower creep up recently. Posted on the CF in the TECH section and a few of the guy's hooked me up with a quick diagnosis. They said based on my A/C not having any blower in fan setting 1 and 2 but having it blow properly in settings 3, 4, and 5 that it was the blower motor resistor. I called my buddy over a Chevrolet and got the part from stock. $28.00, thanks FRANK. :D Anyway swapped the parts in about 30 minutes and all is well in A/C blower speed land. :thumbsup: Quick, easy, inexpensive fix. :yesnod: Here are photo's of the original, new UPDATED part, and the hole in which it got installed under the glove box.

Original bad part
BlowerFix005.jpg

New UPDATED part
BlowerFix008.jpg

This hole (middle left) is where the resistor goes. Tight squeeze.
BlowerFix009.jpg

Hey Bob...can you send the info to CF member Steel.....he has the same issue...I basically told him thats what I thought the problem might be but now that you have more info I am sure he would appreciate it

pewter99 said:
Hey Bob...can you send the info to CF member Steel.....he has the same issue...I basically told him thats what I thought the problem might be but now that you have more info I am sure he would appreciate it
Done man. :thumbsup:

Did that to my 97 a couple of weekends ago. That was the easy one - the other part I replaced was the turn signal/hazard flasher. :eek:

Back